ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The All New Kindle - ripoff!

<< < (5/7) > >>

nosh:
kindle is the best e-book reader and wonderful investment for avid readers (holds up to 3500 books), The device is small and light. With kindle we can read many book only with one device. regularry, kindle have three choise, ie kindle wifi, kindle wifi + 3g and kindle DX.

--- End quote ---

Does it have a backlight? I hate to have a light on for my night reading sessions.

steeladept:
I find it funny all this outrage at U. S. companies doing this (not saying it's not wrong, just read on).  Meanwhile it happens to U. S. companies and people just as frequently, if not moreso.  The key here is the U. S. computer market provides much of the innovation and many of the largest companies are here.  However, in the electronic entertainment industry (consoles, TV's, Stereo's, etc.), Japan is probably the single biggest player with the likes of Sony, Onkyo, et. al.  These are all almost double the price in the U. S. over Europe despite the VAT taxes etc.   Note, that is EUROPE, not Japan!   Likewise, East Asian auto manufacturers trounce American auto manufacturers because they can produce them so much cheaper (for a ton of reasons).  Do they lower the prices in the U. S. because of this?  Well, yes, to just below their American competition.  They don't price it based on a percentage profit, they price it based on what they can get in that area.  I understand the outrage, but lets direct it all all industries and countries practicing this, not just the U. S. computer industry.

Renegade:
I find it funny all this outrage at U. S. companies doing this (not saying it's not wrong, just read on).  Meanwhile it happens to U. S. companies and people just as frequently, if not moreso.  The key here is the U. S. computer market provides much of the innovation and many of the largest companies are here.  However, in the electronic entertainment industry (consoles, TV's, Stereo's, etc.), Japan is probably the single biggest player with the likes of Sony, Onkyo, et. al.  These are all almost double the price in the U. S. over Europe despite the VAT taxes etc.   Note, that is EUROPE, not Japan!   Likewise, East Asian auto manufacturers trounce American auto manufacturers because they can produce them so much cheaper (for a ton of reasons).  Do they lower the prices in the U. S. because of this?  Well, yes, to just below their American competition.  They don't price it based on a percentage profit, they price it based on what they can get in that area.  I understand the outrage, but lets direct it all all industries and countries practicing this, not just the U. S. computer industry.
-steeladept (October 09, 2011, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good point.

We don't talk much about consoles or cars here, so that's probably why they go unnoticed.

mahesh2k:
I don't think this is because of manufacturers pricing, but more of custom tax and other taxes applicable in respective country, for which US or any other manufacturing countries are not responsible for the price hike.

tranglos:
in Amazon's defense, I will say that they at least don't switch prices You'd be surprised how many sites display different prices on the same item when they know who you are vs. when they don't.-xtabber (October 03, 2011, 01:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Amazon did try this some years ago, got called on it and backed down fast. At least they can learn!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version