ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: close tab with right click in opera

(1/4) > >>

kalos:
hello

when I right click on the empty area of the webpage, I would like to close the current viewing tab in Opera

this right click closing, should not work when I have selected text, when I have put the cursor inside a text input box, when I right click on a graphics file, when I right click on a link, when I right click on a selected text etc

can anyone implement this?

thanks!!

AndyM:
instead of having to check for "selected text, when I have put the cursor inside a text input box, when I right click on a graphics file, when I right click on a link, when I right click on a selected text etc", consider using a mouse rocker (hold down right button and click left button or hold down left button and click right button) to send the "close tab" command.

Then it becomes a very short and simple ahk script.

Ath:
IMHO, using the close button on the Tab is more intuitive then selecting a Close Tab entry from the context menu. But I removed all instances of Opera from my system, because I was never using them, so I can't even check if that button is there :o

Defining a mouse-gesture to close a tab should also be fairly easy, if it's not pre-defined.

Ath:
Defining a mouse-gesture to close a tab should also be fairly easy, if it's not pre-defined.
-Ath (October 01, 2011, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

When browsing through the help I found this default mouse gesture:
Close tab   hold right button, move down then right

--- End quote ---
Just tested it with Opera 11.51, and it worked like a charm :D

Also tried in FF (7.0.1) with FireGestures add-in, and it has the same gesture doing that action :up:

Ath:
Just tested it with Opera 11.51
-Ath (October 01, 2011, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yup, I re-installed ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version