ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

GOG giving away Broken Sword-Shadow of the Templars thru 10/1/11

<< < (4/5) > >>

Deozaan:
If you missed it for free, it's on sale on Steam for only $2.50 for a few more hours:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57640/

You can get the entire Trilogy on Steam for $5 (normally priced $10 which is cheaper than GOG.com):

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6447/

Carol Haynes:
Unless you live in the UK in which case $5 = £5 ... convenient exchange rate as usual.

Personally I have complete the first two adventures and enjoyed both (though some of the puzzles in the second were a bit obscure at times and I had to restore to cheats to make progress). The third game I can't get into. They removed mouse control and the keyboard controls are anything but intuitive.

The advantages of buying on GOG are:

1) You don't need to setam to be running
2) DRM free - so put it on any computer in the house
3) Lots of extras included including guides and soundtracks etc.
4) GOG deserve support more than Steam!

40hz:
+1 w/Carol.

I have accounts with both. I much prefer the way GoG operates and does business.   :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
Broken Sword Trilogy is 50% off on GoG until Friday.

Carol Haynes:
Anyone else find the final part frustrating - you constantly have to do things in a particular sequence and it isn't terribly obvious at times what is required (totally random at times it seems to me).

The first game is fantastic and I didn't need to resort to cheats, the second game was also good but on one or two occasions the solution to a problem was just too obscure and I had to cheat. The third one I hate the keyboard only interface - the 3D graphics are not really very good (forgiveable given when it was written) but the solutions to problems are just too obscure and I find myself playing it with the GOG Guide open on my second screen!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version