Now if there's an (easier) alternative, and you don't mind sharing...
Afraid not, DPI Aware manifest was what I was referring to.
Ah! Okay... (damn) ...Guess we're in about the same place then. I was using VS05 (loved it), but had to jump to VS10 for the manifest (and hated it), and now I'm using VS08 and tolerating it because it gets me past the manifest issue (with a compiler "error") but still produces code that runs on Win2k.
Okay, honestly I've got both 05 & 08 installed and I jump back and forth depending on the project's needs.
I tried a slew of alternatives also, but the only thing that finally did work was the manifest file with the DPIAware string in it.