ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Is Kindle Fire set to be the Apple/MS slayer tablet?

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
From slashdot:
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/104945-kindle-fire-flames-have-been-doused

"Ahead of tomorrow’s full-scale launch of Amazon’s new wunderkind, panacea, and lynchpin of its continuing distribution domination, initial reviews of the Kindle Fire are starting to trickle in… and they’re not as fantastic as we — or you — had hoped. "
--- End quote ---

xtabber:
Amazon seems to have done a very good PR job on the Kindle Fire, as a result of which, they have a substantial number of pre-orders for it.  I suspect they will sell quite a few to people who don't know any better, but it is certainly not going to push any other Android tablets out of the market.

mahesh2k:
I think aim is not to push any other tablet out of market. They're branding kindle as an ebook reader. So when it comes to ebook reader, most of the folks don't look for android tablet but they go for either kindle or nook. Ofcourse this doesn't apply to skeptical buyers and techies, they find tablets with multiple use. This is not the case for many people out there.

zridling:
Think I'll wait until tablets get quad-core before diving in. Not that I have the money anyway!  :P

rxantos:
One thing I do not like avout the advertisement of the kindle fire is that is shown as larger than the kindle 3. When in fact is smaller.

I am glad I waited for seeing it live at target before spending money on it. I will be keeping my kindle 3G for reading. I do not need a smart pad.

Now the perfect device would be a large (capable of showing letter size documents) e-ink (so the eyes do not get constantly irradiated and battery last longer) device that is afordable.Bonus point if the e-ink is colored (I do not know if colored e-ink exist or not).

A pity that everyone is trying to make an iPad clone instead of a usable reader capable of eliminate the need of technical books on dead tree format.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version