ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 7 is out

<< < (11/14) > >>

Outertech Support:
Hmmm...late yesterday I was unable to update.  I was told that 6.0.2 was the most recent version.  This morning, I'm able to update, but FF claims that the Linkman Fox extension won't work.  Though I suppose I could download the add-on Carol mentioned earlier and try to deal with the issue that way, I'm puzzled that Linkman Fox (the add-on for FF) supposedly doesn't work.  And I'm somewhat bothered that FF is making add-on developers jump through hoops every few weeks.
-cyberdiva (September 29, 2011, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mozilla has stopped auto-updating to v7 because of many problems with Addons. We have a working Linkman 8.30 Pro Beta. Final version will still take time.

Renegade:
...We have a working Linkman 8.30 Pro Beta. Final version will still take time.
-Outertech Support (October 04, 2011, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

At which point Firefox 9 or 10 will be out~! :P

(Sorry -- couldn't resist that.)

But seriously -- good luck! FF is just at breakneck speed right now. And I think most of the broken necks are users and third party developers~! :P

Outertech Support:
Actually we have work-arounded the last problem some minutes ago and are preparing the final build. It supports Firefox 7 and Firefox 8 Beta.

lanux128:
Mozilla is looking into adding an updater service à la Google to silently update future versions..

• http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/firefox_keeping_rapid_release_adding_silent_update_option_irritated_users

nosh:
Just tried v8 (Beta), 9 (Aurora) and 10 (Nightly).

Haven't found a single broken addon with either of these updates.
This is very disconcerting... had to check the about box to make sure I was actually running the updated versions.

FIREFOX.. Y U NO BREAK??  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version