ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Feature request: text background color by frequency of launch

(1/3) > >>

noutters:
Thanks for developing FAR. I can't use a PC without it anymore.

I have an idea to improve the GUI and help to eye focus on the right row of the search results.

Why not color the text backgroud in the main window by the frequency of launch of the programs?

Example:
A program that I launch frequently will have a background of solid red.
Less frequent programs will have different shades of red (from 255,0,0 (red) to 255,255,255 (white)) according to their frequency.

I have produced a picture of it but could not figure out how to display it here  :tellme:

The user should be able to define in the Preferences the ends of the frequency color scale.

Cheers  ;D

Carol Haynes:
Sounds like a good idea to me (actually I think this would be a nice idea to implement in Start > Programs too ... potential coding snack?)

mouser:
something like this might be nice - though maybe the color would be distracting.  what about just a column of results which showed frequency or score as a color bar?

kfitting:
this is somewhat different, but reminds me of the idea about having colored icons for different types of files.

Kevin

noutters:
Mouser,

May be coloring the whole line would be distracting. It depends on the color scale the user defines. I like the simple GUI of FARR and hope it remains this way.

BTW, any plan to add an extra-minimal GUI with only the search field and the result field within a simple frame (no title bar and no help and preferences icons)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version