ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Logging out of Facebook is not enough

(1/4) > >>

Jibz:
I don't know if the technicalities are right, but it looks plausible, sadly:

http://nikcub.appspot.com/logging-out-of-facebook-is-not-enough

But logging out of Facebook only de-authorizes your browser from the web application, a number of cookies (including your account number) are still sent along to all requests to facebook.com. Even if you are logged out, Facebook still knows and can track every page you visit. The only solution is to delete every Facebook cookie in your browser, or to use a separate browser for Facebook interactions.
--- End quote ---

Via Hacker News.

Renegade:
:(

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should, but it does mean that someone will...

I wonder if cookie blockers will make a comeback...

Deozaan:
That's why I use Facebook Disconnect

Facebook is notified whenever you visit one of the more than one million sites on the web that use Facebook Connect and has a history of leaking personally identifiable information to third parties.

Turn off the flow of your data to them!

Facebook Disconnect blocks all traffic from third-party sites to Facebook servers, but still lets you access Facebook itself.
--- End quote ---

rjbull:
Yet another reason to avoid Facebork.

Renegade:
So does that mean that everyone knows that the site I visit most after DC is Vivid.com? :P (Just kidding - it's NSFW.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version