ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Good quality thesaurus program that integrates with Word 2007?

(1/3) > >>

raindew01:
Hi all,
I haven't been able to find a thesaurus program that is really good--that has a LOT of options for words that really apply. Most of the ones I've found are based on a public domain thesaurus--one that hasn't been updated in 100 years. I need a more modern one, and one that isn't too too expensive, and that can integrate with Word 2007.... Any ideas?

nosh:
Have you tried Wordweb? It has system-wide integration (look up a word from anywhere) but if you're looking to view synonyms inline, inside Word and replace with a selected word, it won't do that.

eleman:
I haven't been able to find a thesaurus program that is really good--that has a LOT of options for words that really apply.
-raindew01 (September 25, 2011, 02:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

What is it that you don't like in Word's own thesaurus? Perhaps we can suggest alternatives on the basis of what you need?

eleman:
Have you tried Wordweb?
-nosh (September 25, 2011, 02:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I took the liberty to correct the url in the quote.
I adore the license for the free wordweb.

WordWeb free version may be used indefinitely only by people who take at most two commercial flights (not more than one return flight) in any 12 month period. People who fly more than this need to purchase the Pro version if they wish to continue to use it after a 30-day trial period.

--- End quote ---

They go out of their way to encourage limiting emissions. One should respect that attitude.

nosh:
Thx, I've fixed the original link too. That's an interesting license!  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version