ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

HOWTO track down a Fake Invoice con-artist: A Story in 4 Parts and counting

<< < (2/2)

Deozaan:
I just read all 5 articles (and maybe more are forthcoming?) and it was a good read. Thanks!

40hz:
Just read installments 1 through 6.

Bloody hell! Is this guy ever driven... :tellme:

I'm gonna make it a point to never "seriously piss off" this Ken guy without good reason. ;D

tomos:
Bloody hell! Is this guy ever driven... :tellme:

I'm gonna make it a point to never "seriously piss off" this Ken guy without good reason. ;D-40hz (September 23, 2011, 06:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

re alleged harrassment of someone mentioned in the articles:
Ask yourself: based on this series, what is Ken likely to do to me if I use the information in his posts to behave badly?
--- End quote ---

;D link

40hz:
@tomos - yeah I saw that. And I'm inclined to agree with his guess it's all made up.

Any business that was affected by this scammer would be far more likely to just go in with Ken and forward any evidence they have to him. Because with the Feds involved, all you'll want to do is grab some popcorn, sit back, and watch the show.

I have seen the US Postal Inspectors in action. They're an awesome and highly professional group of lawmen/women. And I've also seen what the FTC can do when they decide to do some 'wilding' on a company they suspect of violating the law.

From what I observed, there's little anybody could do to cause more pain and suffering for a scammer than drawing the wrath these two agencies down upon them.
 :Thmbsup:

kyrathaba:
My favorite part of the whole series:

A quick trip to www.ustdevelopment.com, the web site listed on the solicitation, gives us more terms. First, I note (as piperTom, in comments, already has) that the url redirects to a web site called www.us-telecom.com. That’s not the last we’ll hear of that name. From the website, after noting the awful design and architecture (typical of fraudsters; they’re cheap and they think they’re web designers), we add some email addresses to our search term list

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version