I know I suck at naming my software, so maybe this time I should ask before making another bad decision.
The program is an image/photo/animation editor (I mentioned it in this topic
, when I was looking for beta testers). Until now, it was called Paint.COM, which I thought was funny, but apparently it wasn't to some people. I decided to change it.
Here are some candidates:RealWorld Paint
- unimaginative, but fitting my other tools. Probably hard to remember.Paint Quest
- painting is an adventure, a holy quest :-). It has a gaming feel and could appeal to younger people. I was also thinking to eventually make interactive tutorials, where the users will be given tasks to fulfill, but that would not be done in the near future.Paint++
- it seems there already is a software called Paint++, but it looks like 1:1 copy of the old Windows Paint and it is likely to die. So, the name is more or less still free. Would probably appeal to programmers.Qaint
- Q = P+1 or maybe Quaint
(new English word I learned today, yay!). It sounds good to me, but I am unsure if I can become #1 in Google for the quaint keyword. People would probably misspell qaint. Also, the relation to painting is not straightforward.P-Paint
- short version of Portable Paint.5Ps
- Portable + 3 other adjectives starting with P + Paint.
Thanks for any opinions or suggestions.