Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 19, 2014, 04:51:39 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: GridMove discussion.  (Read 14165 times)
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 12, 2006, 05:42:35 PM »

I keep having a hard time finding the thread for GridMove because I think it should be under JGPaiva's AHK Tools, but it's still in feature requests. So here's a link to that thread.

http://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=3824

mitzevo
Supporting Member

Control is power

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 12:39:20 PM »

I just started using GridMove, very nice program. Thanks alot JGPaiva  Thmbsup
One thing I noticed is that it stores a GridMove.exe.ini in the "\Documents and Settings\Username" dir.. This is not very nice  thumb down Perhaps make a directory in the "Application Data" dir called GridMove and store it there?  Grin

The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 12:44:31 PM »

Actually, Mitzevo, GridMove isn't supposed to write anything out of the directory where the executable is... Are you launching it through a shortcut or something?

mitzevo
Supporting Member

Control is power

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 12:58:44 PM »

Oh my bad, tongue

Hmm, but I actually installed it normally, default settings, etc. Don't know why there is that stray file. Also when I rebooted after installing GridMove, and then starting GridMove I got an error that the help file couldn't be found or some thing. Nothing big but I don't know what went on.. I didn't change any thing. Odd.

Aside from those small things, GridMove is pretty nice solution for me right now Wink

The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 01:01:37 PM »

starting GridMove I got an error that the help file couldn't be found or some thing
Does that happen everytime you start gridmove?

kragenspeck
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 03:25:09 AM »

Hello,

I'm a happy user of Gridmove. I use it mainly for what I call my Pseudo-IDE: a web development environment made out of a firefox with firebug, a SciTE Editor window and two small ftp folder and home folder windows. I've been poking around before with Eclipse, PHPEclipse and so on, finding it's bloated, painfully painfully slow and all the fancy features half broken.
Having the windows snap in place takes most of the bother out of my solution. Thanks for that!
For this special use it would be great if Gridmove could also _launch_ the apps an move them in place.

But, my request is: would you mind finishing the Help section about Hotkeys?  smiley

* pseudo-ide.jpg (60.88 KB, 554x347 - viewed 555 times.)
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 04:30:48 AM »

Grin I love your "pseudo-ide" concept, kragenspeck!

But, my request is: would you mind finishing the Help section about Hotkeys?  smiley
Yeah, the help file is missing a serious update and redo, it's on my todo list, but I haven't updated GridMove in a while (busy busy at school), and still have a few features I'd like to add/fix before I update the help file.

Anyways, if you'd like to know something about gridmove, just post away and I'll answer them smiley

kragenspeck
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 02:04:19 PM »

I was curious about FastMove, but I just found out on my own. That's nice too.
What I was looking for is a shorthand to minimize the active window, that's something I miss in Windows.

Oh and, I have removed all grids from the grids folder, but there are still some left in the menu that i don't need.
Can I remove them?

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 03:06:30 PM »

kragenspeck: No, you can't remove the other grids, right now.
Those are hardcoded. I have already coded a fix for that, just haven't uploaded it yet because there's still some other stuff to handle.

To minimize the window, gridmove doesn't include a hotkey for that. But you can check ou the "edge grid", which I think has a "minimize" hotspot, and then copy it to your own grid smiley

kragenspeck
Supporting Member

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 02:47:03 AM »

Cool, thanks!  Thmbsup
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 06:21:19 PM »

Hi guys! I haven't been able to update recently, but after seing the recent Windows7 changes that add a function similar to GridMove, I just had to try to see how it would work in GridMove.

So, you can find a new version which has a bit of change here. Please, please tell me what you think, and in particular if you think it's better (or not) than the previous version smiley

[edit] I hadn't predicted some problems.. Please test it with the "Win7Mimic" grid, the 2-part,3-part and 4-part grids have one small usability problem smiley [/edit]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 06:25:59 PM by jgpaiva » Logged

mitzevo
Supporting Member

Control is power

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 08:36:25 PM »

setup file is corrupt dude.. can you post in one central place when u rls new stuff for gridmove?

Makes it easy to keep an eye on updates, additions, new grids, etc.

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 07:30:58 AM »

Oh, I wasn't expecting that Sad
Sorry. I have reuploaded it to the same link.

Mitzevo: I always post about new release on GridMove's thread here. But I'll start posting on this thread too.
However, thr best way to keep up to date is to use DCUpdater Wink

Angelo.S
Participant

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 03:37:24 PM »

Hello,

i am a new user to gridmove because nview is not available under vista. thank you for the program.

my problem is,

1. the grids and the tutorials ...  Grin
2. and my question, is it possible to view the grid always or longer than 10 seconds?

i have a java application, that i cannot send or resizing to grids ...

thanks from german

AS
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 04:23:10 PM by Angelo.S » Logged
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 05:47:43 PM »

Hi angelo!

The grids are not very hard to makes, unfortunately, I don't write very well in English, thus the readme is hard to understand.

The grid doesn't stay up more than those 10 seconds. That's because if someone inadvertently started gridmove's grid and couldn't close it, it'd close itself.

GridMove protects the user from himself, not moving windows which are not supposed to be moved. Your java program is probably one of these.
However, you can disable this feature in the menu, under 'safe mode'. Be careful though.. If you disable it, GridMove will be able to resize any window (including some which shouldn't be moved!).

Angelo.S
Participant

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 01:44:16 PM »

However, you can disable this feature in the menu, under 'safe mode'. Be careful though.. If you disable it, GridMove will be able to resize any window (including some which shouldn't be moved!).

Hi jgpaiva,

thank you for the answer, this works for me.  Thmbsup

Angelo
shift3r
Participant

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 12:43:25 PM »

gridmove co-existing with win7's window management. very nice JG smiley thanks again for your efforts.

(i know this isn't news but i just found out for the first time through actually doing myself)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »

"Upgrade your workflow and gain mastery over windows with GridMove [Windows]"

From http://dottech.org/window...ws-with-gridmove-windows/ today:

"GridMove is awesome."
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 06:05:28 PM »

cheesy cheesy
Thanks for the heads-up!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.051s | Server load: 0.06 ]