Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 30, 2014, 12:00:15 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Any wordpress coders here available for hire?  (Read 5129 times)
Veign
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 05:28:36 PM »

keep in mind that it is very important that I am familiar with Wordpress.  My partner is also familiar with it, and he knows even less about computers and programming than I do.

You may be familiar with a hammer but that doesn't mean you use it to take apart an engine  smiley

And, really, I don't understand why you say wordpress can't do this.

Not saying it can't do this, saying the way your spec is worded is not how Wordpress "puts things together".  Quickly looking at nextgen gallery and it looks like it styles posts and adds widgets.

You can see this by their demo:
http://nextgen-gallery.com/

It works within the post "space".  This goes to my bullet points of what your options are.

Please don't take any of this in a negative way even though it's how it comes across.  I'm truly trying to help you so you don't waste money.

this may work for you: http://gallery.menalto.com/ (free and supports videos)

superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 08:52:17 AM »

Thanks Veign, I appreciate it.

I think I'm fighting a losing battle here.  I've been trying to force Wordpress to do this and that for the last 5 years.  I love it, but I think I'm done with it.  My sites are very simple sites, I just want to show content like pictures, videos, and articles.  There aren't many pages or anything.  I think I'm going to start looking into Expression Web, Dreamweaver, and the like.  I'm going to do this stuff from scratch, and I don't need to be restricted by the platform.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0.04 ]