ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Toggle Touch Screen

<< < (2/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
This sounds like a really good idea to me.  Maybe you can try to find if the control panel item has any documentation somewhere that would explain WHAT it actually does when it disables touch screen interaction.
-mouser (September 22, 2011, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I looked in the usual lists of control panel applet names.  Nothing for touch screen.  I see skwire found the registry setting though.

I did see on one board somebody setting the touch screen service to manual.  Supposedly then it could be stopped and started.  In that case sc.exe service control may be all that's needed to toggle it.  Of course the machine is needed to try it.  Still may need to send the notification msg if the system doesn't do it for you.

skwire:
Good find, MilesAhead.  If it turns out to be as simple as starting and stopping a service, that would be a piece of cake to code.

@ebennetthill: Could you please check your services control panel (Start, Run box, services.msc) list for a Touch Input service of some sort?  I don't have a Win7 tablet so I'm not sure of the exact name you'll be looking for.  Once you've found that, stop the service and check your functionality.  Then start the service again and see if the functionality returns.  Let us know what you find.  Thanks.

MilesAhead:
Good find, MilesAhead.  If it turns out to be as simple as starting and stopping a service, that would be a piece of cake to code.

@ebennetthill: Could you please check your services control panel (Start, Run box, services.msc) list for a Touch Input service of some sort?  I don't have a Win7 tablet so I'm not sure of the exact name you'll be looking for.  Once you've found that, stop the service and check your functionality.  Then start the service again and see if the functionality returns.  Let us know what you find.  Thanks.
-skwire (September 22, 2011, 04:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I should have saved the url, but I was looking for the applet name.  Iirc the person said he had to first set the service to Manual before he could toggle it off and on. Don't know why that would be.  I don't have one to try it myself. :)

ebennetthill:
Skwire

I found a service called Wacom ISD Touch Service. Checking the service was a little weirder than I expected.

1. Service started and Touch enabled in Control Panel (Pen and Touch Applet): Touch is like a mouse cursor and I can drag the screen to scroll
2. Service stopped and Touch enabled in Control Panel: Touch is like a mouse cursor (open/close program, move scroll bar, etc.), no drag to scroll
3. Service stopped and Touch disabled in Control Panel: Touch is like a mouse cursor, no drag to scroll
4. Service started and Touch disabled in Control Panel: No Touch

So...
No service: touch works, but just like a mouse cursor
Service enabled: touch is turned on or off by control panel

ebennetthill:
I just read what MilesAhead was saying about setting the service to manual. (type first, read later)

I just changed mine from automatic to manual, and for my machine, it made no difference. I saw the same patterns as before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version