ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Couldn't be more disappointed in Windows 8 :(

<< < (5/11) > >>

Renegade:
I'm with Carol on this one. Social Issue (Meh...) no. Educational issue ... definitely getting warmer.
-Stoic Joker (September 23, 2011, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you guys are being idealistic. What happens when you give people rope? They hang themselves. Same deal here. Give people a new way to do anything, and they will. Throw a handgun into monkey cage at the zoo and you're in for some real entertainment. The first one loses his own head. The second one, well, that's where the black humor really starts... :P

This behavior isn't rude ... It's retarded.
-Stoic Joker (September 23, 2011, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

And you expect what from the sheeple? :P

I don't talk on the phone much at all. Once every few days maybe. But looking around me, everyone else does. A lot. Give them voice commands for their mobile devices and there won't be a car on the road where anyone has their mouth shut. I don't think that will change outside the car either.

Face it. People love to hear the sound of their own voice.

Here's a little experiment. The next time you have a conversation with someone, be quiet as much as possible. I bet there won't be any silence no matter how hard you try to zip it. Throw in the odd "yeah" or "mm-hm" for dialectical lube, and whoever you're talking to will likely ramble on forever.

You're both describing what actually happens. People in public yabber on their phones forever. I think I'm describing *almost* the same thing, i.e. People in public will yabber TO their phones forever.

Hell... I think that the ELIZA program will make a comeback just so that people can keep yacking! :)

Stoic Joker:
You're both describing what actually happens. People in public yabber on their phones forever. I think I'm describing *almost* the same thing, i.e. People in public will yabber TO their phones forever.-Renegade (September 23, 2011, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh god... We. Are. So. Fucking. Screwed...

Renegade:
You're both describing what actually happens. People in public yabber on their phones forever. I think I'm describing *almost* the same thing, i.e. People in public will yabber TO their phones forever.-Renegade (September 23, 2011, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh god... We. Are. So. Fucking. Screwed...
-Stoic Joker (September 23, 2011, 09:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Buy stock in noise canceling earbuds/headphones NOW~! :P ;D

Carol Haynes:
Why do you think the iPod took off - it is the only way to stop listening to people talking all the time. You listen to them screaming to music instead - but at least you get to chooser the scream.

mahesh2k:
Android has an app for DNS(dragon naturally speaking) so it is taking off already. There is also an app for google search with voice on android. So slowly but surely it is taking up. My point is that - few years back in my early twenties i used to do some searches via typing keyword, i can comfortably do the same in future ( for ahm) at home for obvious reasons not using speech recognition. But the point is, i can't imagine future generation holding the same conservative thoughts like me. Unless i do some fundamental brainwashing, there is no way they're going to pick those conservative thoughts and feel awkward for the same. (Hmm, current teen generation liking lady gaga and Justin bieber says it all about our doomsday).They may do weird actions while using the paper displays or holograms in future or shout some swear words to program their tablets and mobiles to execute some of their tasks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version