ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google's New Toy

(1/2) > >>

lanux128:
Google acquires Writely, a full-functioned, Ajax-based word processor that allows you to do most anything in your browser that you would be able to do with a machine-based program, short of a full-fledged office application. Full report here.

As Google adds yet another app to its arsenal of suites, will we be seeing a new trend here?

Ampa:
Yesterday they bought SketchUp. Difficult to know whether that is a good thing or not... I really hope they don't mess up what is a superb product.

brotherS:
Google acquires Writely
-lanux128 (March 15, 2006, 11:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
I never heard about it before, but it sounds a bit like the Google Mail of word processors :) Nice!

Google's New Toy

m_s:
There was very good posting about Google's strategy on the Signal Vs. Noise blog (which is written by 37 Signals, the people behind BackPack and its associated Web 2.0 apps) - take a look: http://37signals.com/svn/archives2/what_googles_acquisition_of_writely_means.php

vegas:
I find it very interesting how handy a tool like this could become for quickly creating your own Auction Listings, especially if they were Google Auctions!  Let's see a payment/micropayment system is due soon, it does look like they are slowly positioning themselves to take on the juggernaut eBay.  Yay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version