ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Boozernet...

<< < (4/8) > >>

mahesh2k:
Me and my imaginary friends don't drink or get high. But i have this insomnia issue and have no idea what tyler does on the internet when he takes over.  :P

Stoic Joker:
Psht.  You've not experienced some of the nightmares I have in consulting.  Some of the code drives you to drink.
-wraith808 (September 16, 2011, 07:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

ROFLMAO!

That's probably why, when I reached a career crossroad many years ago, I went down the systems rather than the dev path. Especially after a previous three year foray into code development.
 ;D
-40hz (September 16, 2011, 07:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Given that I (albeit foolishly) straddled the two of them ... I gotta back wraith on this.  And frankly some of the stuff I've seen in systems makes it really hard not to come unwound...without a bracer.

(Highlight from just this week) Production system/doctor's office, using software RAID1. Nobody (No-Body...) in the whole damn place thought to wonder (or even notice) the flashing red text POST Error Message: RAID MIRROR DEGRADED ... In the Past Three Years!!!

Now as luck would have it (or not.) it was just a power cable. But when said power cable was plugged back in. Both drives commenced to assume that they were the now rather obviously badly degraded RAID Mirror. So now it's a 50/50 on which side wins/boots everytime you start the machine. Yeah!

Data Peek-A-Boo.

I need a drink.

:D

Renegade:
You think I kid... from some production code...

--- Code: C# ---try{ }catch (Exception ex){    throw ex}finally{ }

-wraith808 (September 16, 2011, 10:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

You mean that literally?

But at the moment, I'm on #4, and just smoking in the zone! I'm getting a truckload of coding done! :D

wraith808:
You mean that literally?
-Renegade (September 19, 2011, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, I do.  I ripped it out corrected it, but still...

Lashiec:
Not drunk, but if you see me logged in on the IRC channel after 7 AM on a Sunday, chances are the whole night was spent with a beer on hand. So, not drunk, just "happy" :D

When actually drunk, my thoughts are all focused on how nice my bed feels ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version