ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Boozernet...

<< < (2/8) > >>

Renegade:
I don't often drink. I can count the number of times in the last 15 years on one hand. And I get drunk even less than that. And I have a firm belief that computers and booze don't mix*, so there will be no drunk coding, posting, gaming, online shopping or anything else from me...ever.

*You aren't supposed to operate heavy machinery while under the influence. Since I can't lift it over my head with one hand I have never regarded my computer as being particularly light.
-app103 (September 16, 2011, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh good lord... I certainly can't say that.

I coded a CMS way back in 2002 or so where a partner had promised some things, delivered on nothing, and I was held holding the ball. I did nothing but code and sleep for a few weeks at home then. Wake up, start coding, start drinking, keep coding until I had to sleep, rinse, repeat. Half was coded while half lit, and thanks to how I was doing things, there were no "drunk" mistakes or bugs. I did a lot of drunk coding, but it all worked in the end. :)

I don't do that anymore. That was an extreme circumstance. Thankfully I've not had to deal with that sort of nonsense since. :)

(I only drink at night, and never during the day. Just one of those things.)

Eóin:
Speaking of drunk coding, I've often found that when a bit tipsey I actually quite enjoy working on a tedious or mundane bit of code which I was otherwise putting off. Only works for a very low level drunk and it's not really something I would set out to do in advance.

Stoic Joker:
Speaking of drunk coding, I've often found that when a bit tipsey I actually quite enjoy working on a tedious or mundane bit of code which I was otherwise putting off. Only works for a very low level drunk and it's not really something I would set out to do in advance.-Eóin (September 16, 2011, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 Been there many (Um..) a few times myself... ;)

nosh:
This reminded me of a documentary on meth I recently saw. There's a local equivalent in the Far East called Ya ba that's especially popular with guys who do mundane jobs like painting - the guys who did it could go on for days without a break. Guess all stimulants work the same way. I feel like the living dead in the morning till I've had a good shot of coffee.

Drunk posting - sure, why not?  :D

OT - Freaky meth video (NSFW)

If anyone here codes something while high on meth, I'd give a lot to run it!  ;D

40hz:
It's different in the "systems" end of the shark tank.

Anybody who lays hands on a server or network device while loaded up with "Dutch Courage" is either: (a) crazy (b) has a death wish; or, (c) has really really really good Errors & Omissions insurance coverage. Coverage which is about to get significantly more expensive when it next comes up for renewal - assuming your policy provider decides to renew.
 :huh: ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version