ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA ~ Show List of Shortcuts overlaid on Desktop

<< < (2/10) > >>

tomos:
I'm looking at Rainmeter but it's certainly not intuitive, options all over the place, and while I have a notes window showing, it is limited height & I cant find how to change that.

@tomos:  Something like this would be rather easy to write as a basic AHK script that you could easily modify and extend to your needs.  I wouldn't want to write a configuration GUI for it, though.  One question, though.  When you say transparency, do you mean full window transparency?  Or, do you mean you only want to see floating text and no other window elements?
-skwire (September 15, 2011, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
hmm :)
text with no other window elements would be very nice if that were possible - but I would still have the problem of what colour to make the text -
Here's the Rainlender notes "window" with some sample text - it seems to have a background with a tone as opposed to a colour (?) i.e. it darkens the background colour which help the text show clearly.

i.e. Skwire, I'm not really sure - I dont want to ask you to reinvent the wheel, but would something like that be (easily) possible?

nudone:
At the risk of being a bore, what you have in those screen grabs could easily be done with free desktop post-it note type programs - that's what they are made for.

E.g. Frameless transparent rectangles can easily be done with atnotes.

wraith808:
text with no other window elements would be very nice if that were possible - but I would still have the problem of what colour to make the text -
Here's the Rainlender notes "window" with some sample text - it seems to have a background with a tone as opposed to a colour (?) i.e. it darkens the background colour which help the text show clearly.
 (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post)
-tomos (September 15, 2011, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not darkening it- it's a transparent overlay.  The transparency is blending with the background (i.e. the degree of transparency) and that's where the darkening is coming from.

mouser:
Nudone is right -- this was the foundation of the Cheat Sheeter app that i started and never finished and still plan to code one day.. Maybe i'll revive it for Nany..

nudone:
Cheat sheeter, oh yes; definitely worth a nany revival.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version