ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA ~ Show List of Shortcuts overlaid on Desktop

<< < (6/10) > >>

rgdot:
Keep him busy with something too big for a coding snack...I can come up with something  ;)

skwire:
I'm happy to back off of this one; somebody else can take up the mantle.   :P

wraith808:
We can have more than one... (and I say that as someone who was thinking about doing this too...)  ;D

bob99:
bob99,

Yes -- this is exactly one of the things i am considering.
Actually i've been planning to add this as a standalone feature of LaunchBarCommander for a while now, and that will happen.

The outstanding question is how can i best support a large user repository of application-specific help data in the best way.
-mouser (September 16, 2011, 08:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

My thought with the LBC variation was basic in nature.  The main bar, with the ability of adding a child for each program and a sibling that would list the hotkeys.  The sibling being more along the line of a notepad page where the user enters the keys in a format like tomos provided in his earlier post. 
The free form notepad type view could let each user group the hotkeys to their preference.  Alphabetically, by function, function group, most used... 

bob99:

The outstanding question is how can i best support a large user repository of application-specific help data in the best way.
-mouser (September 16, 2011, 08:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure of the direction you are considering but here's another thought.  Provide the ability of importing hotkey lists in csv or some other format.  Interested and willing members familiar with a specific program could send in a list of those hotkeys in the preferred format.  Users could pick and choose which list they would need from a repository of sorts.  These could be standard program default hotkey lists or maybe user suggestions. Saves you or even the user from tracking down hotkey lists.  It also becomes a community project. Similar to the All Hotkeys Site.
Any way you or others go, I think this would be a great program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version