ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Contest - Make a new Banner for Website

<< < (35/44) > >>

mouser:
nudone i need a version without text in the tab area :)
then ill add the latest to the demo page (https://www.donationcoder.com/Contests/banner/).

and maybe we need that bottom black shadow on bottom as well?
OR maybe i can just put a hairline black border around the entire top banner

jgpaiva:
 :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
I love the new 3d look on the balloons and characters! That looks sooo good!
And the forum one looks perfect :D

Only one suggestion: I think this might make sense in a forum page, but shouldn't the shadow on the left edge not be there?

I must say this is now one of my favourite submissions to this contest :D

(BTW... will there be only one winner? :( I like the idea of having more than one theme, like selectable in the profile or something, but i think this might be too much work...)

app103:
I wouldn't mind seeing a different great banner everytime I visited the site...at least on the forums.

Random rotation of the best ones, maybe?

nudone:
whoops, sorry about the text, i was using it to get things lined up right.

mouser, not sure what you mean about a bottom black shadow - if you explain then i'll add it.

i tried putting a hairline black border around the entire banner - as this it what all the other boxes are like on the forum - the problem is you can't do this when using the 'sliver' image to tile the banner edge - so i scrapped that idea.

jgpaiva, i put the shadow on the left edge because i thought that's what you and Carol were recommending to do.

the shadow on the border is something that i'm now thinking ought to be removed altogether ???????????????????????

Carol Haynes:
I think it would be fairly easy to have a cycling set of banners that change and that allow the colours to be changed to match. There is no reason why a global variable couldn't be used to hold the current banner and then a 'switch' type structure used in the above functions to select the forum palette ...

Whether Mouser actually wants to do this is for him to comment ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version