ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Contest - Make a new Banner for Website

(1/44) > >>

mouser:
BrotherS and CarolH both have suggested that what with the forum upgrade, we really need to revamp the banner at the top of the website pages and forum page.

both are designed as  a pair with a main image and a sidebar that can extend as far as it needs to go.
i think the sizes are pretty good so we should probably keep to them.

I'm attaching current versions to end of this post.

Note you need to design it without the "a new kind of website" text - since we want to change that and may want to change it dynamically or per page.

Actually i was thinking of a new slogan for the site: "A Place for Lovers of Software" or something like that.

NEW: DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE FILE SET TO TEST YOUR IMAGE IN HTML PAGE:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Contests/banner/
DEADLINE
The contest does not have a hard deadline - we will end it when we get a design so good that it demands ending it.
However, it will not end before May 1st, so any entry prior to that will be considered.

Prizes..
hmm... not sure, free donationcoder.com shirt or mug from http://www.cafepress.com/donationcoder
plus a usb 4x5" drawing pad if you want it, or else some other free software

Please submit files in exactly this dimension, file format (png), and file names.  And you need to provide BOTH a forum pair and website pair of images.

jgpaiva:
Whoa.. First forum redesign, now banners changin, things really are evolving here!
I support this idea, only wish i knew how to do these kind of things. But I'm sure someone will come up with some great banner for we all to admire! :D

Actually i was thinking of a new slogan for the site: "A Place for Lovers of Software" or something like that.-mouser (March 15, 2006, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
I also think that slogan could be changed, maybe a new thread could be opened for that?

superboyac:
Actually i was thinking of a new slogan for the site: "A Place for Lovers of Software" or something like that.

--- End quote ---

;D :-* I don't know, man!  Lovers?  That's funny.  Sounds like some kind of fetish.  How about this:
"For Those Who Get Hard For Software".

(I hope that doesn't violate dc policy!)

mouser:
what about: "A Home for Software Fanatics"

nudone:
how about "connoisseurs of fine software"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version