ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

schedule emails

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ath:
I only want to check Outlook for all my notifications, reminders, etc
-kalos (September 15, 2011, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's exactly what the Calendar or Agenda (not sure what it's called in your language and version of Outlook) does: Remind you of the appointments you have. It does handle repeating appointments very easy, just remember to start up Outlook every time you login to your Windows :)

In the last NANY 2011 there was a project TaskDaddy, that can quickly and easily create Tasks in your Outlook, maybe that's already enough for you?

kalos:
nope, this doesn't seem to do what I want

I want to import a list of dates and times and at these times to automatically:
1) send an email and repeat every two hours for three times
2) display a desktop alert every two hours for three times

it seems so easy, I can't imagine there is no program that can do it, but I can't find any

JavaJones:
Google Calendar, Set Reminders for event, 2/3 of them for email, 2/3 for desktop/pop-up alert (max of 5 total reminders), with different intervals (you can customize). It's not Outlook of course, but it works...

- Oshyan

kalos:
Google Calendar, Set Reminders for event, 2/3 of them for email, 2/3 for desktop/pop-up alert (max of 5 total reminders), with different intervals (you can customize). It's not Outlook of course, but it works...

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (September 17, 2011, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

very nice, since it works, this is what is needed, but it has a major drawback: it is online and it won't work if I am offline!

4wd:
very nice, since it works, this is what is needed, but it has a major drawback: it is online and it won't work if I am offline! -kalos (September 18, 2011, 04:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you want emails while you're offline that kind of implies you either need to run an email server on your machine, (which is pretty simple, I do it on my XP Pro machine - just the supplied MS SMTP Service), or direct inject into your email programs database somehow.

eg.
Set up the SMTP Service under IIS components, this page shows you how to use a DOS commands to set an email for delivery, then just have your email client poll the SMTP Service to receive them.

EDIT: I think I missed out the other half of the equation somewhere there, ie. the POP server.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version