topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 7:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DonationCoder.com members - 50% discount for TheBat!  (Read 9491 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
DonationCoder.com members - 50% discount for TheBat!
« on: May 18, 2005, 09:16 AM »
See the members only section.

who loves ya

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DonationCoder.com members - 50% discount for TheBat!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 10:44 PM »
Way, way late in replying to this thread--I blame it on being way-way late in showing up here altogether -- but I was immediately impressed to see it as a praised application here with a significant discount offered.  Having first discovered TB when it was in version 1.2x or 1.3x something and having used it as my primary e-mail client for most of the years between then and now, it has a special place in my heart.

I was amused to read in the review about the complaints of seemingly trivial version increases -- having been there at the time of it.  Version 1 supported free updates for several years, with most of the active users fearing version 2 was a pipe dream.  When version 2 was released, even though only a minor upgrade from the current 1.x version with most of the new features promises rather than implemented, I had no problem paying--simply because I'd used it for so long without having to pay further.  Version 3, on the other hand, came quickly and with a similar level of upgrade--trivial with promised features.

The developers are certainly not renowned for their internal organization and if they're known for their documentation, it's because it's absolutely terrible -- but there's no question about it, they deliver the most powerful e-mail client on the market.  It's a lot easier to get your feet wet with Thunderbird, but even with dozens of extensions installed--neither it nor any other client can compare to the featureset of TB.

Anyway, it's nice stumbling into a public venue where she's getting some love.