ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A unified solution for note taking and task management

(1/11) > >>

vitalyb:
I've been using notes applications and task management for a long time. However, I always felt that these two should be united. Too often I found myself entering a note that I wished it was a task and vice versa. Also, in the end, when I am looking for something, I end up having to search two different applications to find it.

Here is a basic list of requirements such a solution would require:

* Proper task management - OneNote has some task management, however, it is very very basic. A proper task system requires recurring task, due dates, alarms, etc, etc.

* Android support - Since Android is always with me it is critical for me to be able to view my notes and add tasks while I am on the go.
* Quick task/note adding - I love Remember-the-milk's quick add feature. Basically just by writing stuff like "Call Doctor tomorrow" you create a task with a defined due date. All the other alternatives I've seen require you to do click through too many checkboxes and listboxes for every task you add.
* Rich text editing - Since it is going to be my main notes application, it must support rich text editing in its notes.
Currently I am trying to use MyLifeOrganized as a solution, however, it is far from perfect. While its task management is superb, it can be a bit TOO complex, has abysmal note management abilities (no rich text editing, no attachments) and its Android support is in early beta.

I'd love to hear your ideas and suggestions on the subject.

Thanks,
Vitaly

Paul Keith:
Not a fan of lists and I've been slowing itching away from outliners over the past months but here's an online outliner that on the surface seems to be like a cross between TiddlyWiki and Noteliner:

It's gotten some hype too. The direct link shows some testimonials comparing it to the Dropbox of apps to a Techcrunch quote stating turn your entire life into a list.

wraith808:
^ You might want to put a little blurb above whatever you have in the center of your two textblocks with the name of the site; Whatever you have between doesn't show up for me, so your post seems a bit lacking in details. :)

vitalyb:
I tried WorkFlowy and it is indeed nice... But not what I am looking for.
It doesn't have proper tasks, reminders, etc.
It is more of a note taking tool (and imo OneNote & Evernote are better at that)

Paul Keith:
^ You might want to put a little blurb above whatever you have in the center of your two textblocks with the name of the site; Whatever you have between doesn't show up for me, so your post seems a bit lacking in details. :)
-wraith808 (September 13, 2011, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry. Come again?

I tried WorkFlowy and it is indeed nice... But not what I am looking for.
It doesn't have proper tasks, reminders, etc.
It is more of a note taking tool (and imo OneNote & Evernote are better at that)
-vitalyb (September 13, 2011, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah. It is kind of hard to find a combination of all three. Android + Rich Text editing is really a killer.

By proper task do you mean a check box?

Wunderlist has both the check box and reminders down but while having a space for notes, it isn't a full blown notepad nor does it have rich text formatting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version