ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Any wordpress coders here available for hire?

<< < (3/6) > >>

steeladept:
I really can't add anything to this discussion from a Wordpress standpoint as I don't really know anything about it, but I would ask you the question:

With all the Wordpress parts you want stripped out, what value do you see in Wordpress that you are actually trying to capture?  Maybe this would be a better way to attack it?

Just food for thought....

rgdot:
The main part of your requirements are under the 'GUI' heading, I would not recommend tackling GUI with plugins. Custom theme and custom functions.php would be my 2cents.

Stoic Joker:
With all the Wordpress parts you want stripped out, what value do you see in Wordpress that you are actually trying to capture?  Maybe this would be a better way to attack it?-steeladept (September 13, 2011, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I found myself here too.

I'm insistent on having the (faithful standby) "Old School" direct FTP access as well. But I just did a WordPress (with shopping cart) project for the office, and I gotta say; the built-in file upload thing is mighty handy when you get used to it.

Given the tendency of the WP plug-ins to need things where they want them (as opposed to where you want to put them). The file uploader saved me a good bit of time ... and that's even when developing with the production server on the local LAN. Poking through the file system isn't always that much fun ... Ya know? :)

superboyac:
Thanks for the advice, guys.  I need to rethink all of this, then.  I do want to keep the wordpress framework.  That's probably a must.  My other restriction is that I just don't have much money to spend on it.  That's why if it's something relatively easy or something I can pick up in a week, I'd just do it myself.  But I don't know how hard or easy it is right now.  But essentially, I just want it to look like dumbdumb. 

Veign:
Cheap and done right never go hand-in-hand...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version