ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR noshow when focused window is admin (UAC @ top level win7)

(1/2) > >>

tomos:
Windows 7 Pro, 64bit

Admin account with UAC at highest level

If I have an admin window focused (i.e. an app that requires confirmation from UAC) FARR will not show with the Pause shortcut - maybe it shows behind? but I couldnt find it anyways :-)

Ampa:
Confirmed... I have been running Xplorer2 in admin mode to reduce the number of annoying confirmations it asks for, but this disables launching of FARR (unless I first click on the desktop)

There are other implications of admin mode too... I discovered that drag and drop doesn't work into an admin mode application - eg WinRAR drag to admin Xplorer2 does nothing!

For now I've put Xplorer2 back to user level, but hope there is a more satisfying fix!

Stoic Joker:
Run as Admin & the UAC prompts run in a different session than the locally logged on user. These sessions are isolated for security purposes ... So trying to get them to interact (like handing a file from one to the other, etc.) is AFAIK futile.

tomos:
OK, running FARR as admin starts apps as admin.

I wonder would it be possible to run FARR as admin, but that, by default, launched apps would *not* be run as admin.
I know that the opposite is possible i.e. to launch apps from a normal instance of FARR as admin (via Ctrl+Shift+Enter.)

slemmigfisk:
This is quite annoying actually, mostly because i don't get it, using alt+space to show FARR works, but not the pause key, any explanation to that? What workarounds are there, apart from runnning FARR as admin and possibly creating new problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version