ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Battery Life vs Expandable Memory (Music Player)

(1/2) > >>

jeremejazz:
Hi guys, I'm choosing between two music players.
One features expandable memory while the other has battery life that
lasts up to 6 hours of playing. Based on your experience, which would you prefer to buy?

and, have you tried 3rd gen ipod clones like these?

what do you consider when buying a music player

worstje:
Your battery-or-memory problem is impossible to answer as you have it stated right now. The real question is: how much battery on the plain model vs how many songs on the plain model?

I have an ipod with tons of memory, and I've barely added any music since getting it. Mind you, with 30,000 songs on it, I already don't listen to most of it. So, how many songs can you put on yours? If it is enough, then go battery. If you can't, then start to think about the problem. (Unless you intend to use it as a portable HD as well; mine doubles as temporary-backup-during-reinstalls, for example.)

Darwin:
jeremejazz - it would help if you'd indicate which two devices you are considering? I have two Archos players that have fantastic battery life (both far greater than 6 hours of music playback and around 7-8 hours of video playback) and lots of memory (one is 16GB the other 32GB - because they both have microSD slots, the first now has 32GB of total storage and the second 48GB...).

It sounds, reading between the lines, that the third, unmentioned, variable is price?

jeremejazz:
ok Mr. @Darwin, thanks for the advice.. here are the two devices I've been comparing,.. I'd link them out for you
The first one is
Melody Mp4 .. -the one with battery life
and
Symphony Player - what's special to it, that it's got and expansion slot, great for travel.. but I guess it's like the other players with standard battery life of 2.5-3 hours

Sorry if they don't look good.. i can't afford ipod yet so I just wanna try the imitations instead.. but from your answer. I might consider long life battery if it provides that much memory.. (and it's cool to have something like yours of 7-8 hours of playback)
thanks ;D

jeremejazz:
..given that both the players are 4GB .. --that's a lot of songs already.. and yeah, you don't listen to 30,000 songs.. I like the idea

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version