topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: For those with mobile/laptops...  (Read 3865 times)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
For those with mobile/laptops...
« on: September 11, 2011, 08:11 AM »
Just want to inquire whether, outside of portable software that sync to the cloud, is there a notable killer productivity app for mobile that connects the gaps between PC and Paper?

I know it sounds silly but the more I try to create an applicable productivity system that anyone can use the more these basic necessities crop out and make it too difficult to expand.

Example: I omitted scanners because not only are they expensive to take into account for, but you could write an entire book on how to properly use it to make all your files sync correctly in a cloud based app like Evernote especially in terms of digitalizing books. Also omitted timers and calendars because you have to know the best cheapest brand of timers which is hard enough to narrow down much less keep. Ditto for calendars. Either you use it or you don't. Too much overthinking of the system, cripples the calendars.

Currently, the skeleton of the system is this:

-What if you have several pieces of paper on hand? A: M. Basic to-do list

-What if you have access to a notebook? A: GTD type capture everything

-What if you have access to several notebooks? A: Preferably get one with refillable sheets and the rest, use them for whatever you want.

-What if you have sticky notes and a throwaway set of playing cards? A: Use them to compensate for index cards

-What if you have index cards? A: Use index cards

-What if you have a PC? A: List several software recommendations.

-What if you have a PC w/ internet? A: Same as above

-What if the internet goes down? A: List some software that can mimic online.

-What if you screw up your backup? A: Copy several files to the cloud like say using Dropbox to sync.

Again, it all sounds so obvious but I'm just trying to make sure I have the sequence of basic materials right. Mobile sounds like a game changer though with things like QR codes on the horizon, I just don't have mobile and I'm not sure how much of a game changer it is especially the price. I have heard of things like people saving lives due to their mobile phones or how some people use audiobooks to make up for reading and then there's tape recorders but all these things seems like they aren't applicable to everyone especially those who are poor at multitasking.