topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: boxed Defrag: $9.95  (Read 9156 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
boxed Defrag: $9.95
« on: September 09, 2011, 02:29 AM »
This is the defragger I use myself. Normal price: $30
Features: http://www.disktrix....d_about_detailed.htm

The homepage is messy to look at, but the store is pro, especially the User's Account area is excellent, and the program is welll-working.

UltimateDefrag 3 Boxed Edition Just $9.97 For A Limited Time Only
3 September 2011

Due to a manufacturing overrun we have several thousand retail packages with latest version of UltimateDefrag 3 in excess of what we need and as a result we are offering them at $9.97 for a limited time only to get our inventory back down to where we need it to be. At this price these will go quick so if the less than $10 price appeals to you then please follow this link to order:

>>> http://www.disktrix....15&category_id=1 <<<

ha14

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: boxed Defrag: $9.95
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:23 AM »
Thanks that looks cool indeed, so what it brings more than other defrag soft like Abelssoft Jet Defrag?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:27 AM by ha14 »

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 09:37 AM »
UD3 is highly configurable.  I still find it the best defrag tool so far, even if build 39 (the one "boxed") seems to work worse that build 19 which has been perfect on all my systems.  JEtDefrag is just a GUI over JkDefrag Dll AFAIK. I think it doesn't even handle exclusions -to check-, whereas with UD3 you can exclude file based on size, path or other criteria if I remember correctly.  I personally only use size (files over 256 MB are not defragged).

Maybe with the boxed version of UD3 you can get the previous builds ?  In that case I would also recommend this offer.
.merle1.

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 01:13 PM »
Maybe with the boxed version of UD3 you can get the previous builds ?  In that case I would also recommend this offer.
As the box contains a license number, I'd be surprised if you couldn't download one of the earlier builds from the site and apply it.

I like it, but I've emailed their support guys about a (bug? Issue?) and haven't had so much as an acknowledgement. Configuration is less than intuitive too, but the box has a printed manual so I guess I should RTFM before I complain about that  :)
-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 07:23 AM »
this arrived in the post yesterday - not sure was the five week delay due to the First Class International Parcel Rate or due to customs having to read the label & giving it a seal.

[...] build 39 (the one "boxed") seems to work worse that build 19 which has been perfect on all my systems.

MerleOne, if you see this, could you elaborate on the "work worse" comment ?
(I dont see any download options on their site, you have to email them to get the trial, so getting an older version doesnt seem to be an (easy) option)
Tom

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 07:54 AM »
MerleOne, if you see this, could you elaborate on the "work worse" comment ?
(I dont see any download options on their site, you have to email them to get the trial, so getting an older version doesnt seem to be an (easy) option)
Download is done through the support pages. http://www.disktrix.com/ud_support.htm, direct link to "best" version is http://www.disktrix....eDefrag3Setup319.exe

I don't like build 39 because :
- most of the time, it ends the defrag of some partitions before completion with an error message somewhere in the window title bar, I have never seen such errors using build 19
- they changed the consolidate algorithm and now it moves more files than before for a similar result.  Since I use image backup, I prefer as little moves as possible.
- Boottime is supposed to be improved, but I rarely use it and build 19 works fine for me in that area.
.merle1.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 09:20 AM »
^ many thanks MerleOne :Thmbsup:
Tom

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 09:31 AM »
I don't like build 39 because :
- most of the time, it ends the defrag of some partitions before completion with an error message somewhere in the window title bar, (...)

I have not seen any errors from build 39.

--------

this arrived in the post yesterday - not sure was the five week delay (...)

-Bad luck, Tomos. I received my copy a month ago.

----------
http://www.disktrix.com/ud_support.htm

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 10:47 AM »
I have not seen any errors from build 39.

These error messages appear always on some partitions.  There may be something wrong with them (metadata not fully compliant with NTFS standard for instance), but version 19 works fine with them.  The change of consolidate algorithm is also bothering me, so I decided to stay with this version.  In any cases, it's very easy to upgrade to build 39 and to revert to build 19, I just have to install the corresponding build, and settings are preserved.

I have not reported the "errors" to disktrix because I just don't feel like it, I spend already too much time using software that work, I don't want to add time for software that don't.  Unless it's critical.
.merle1.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 05:11 PM »
..., it's very easy to upgrade to build 39 and to revert to build 19, I just have to install the corresponding build, and settings are preserved.

-eh... are you telling that I don't have to remove the newer build before installing the older?

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 01:46 AM »

-eh... are you telling that I don't have to remove the newer build before installing the older?

Exactly, and so far so good !
.merle1.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 05:06 AM »
If it is not a question why would anyone rely on a defragment tool that appears to have bugs in the released version?

I used to use the free version but it didn't seem to be nearly as good as PerfectDisk (at least not the way I had it setup) and the interface I found really confusing. Probably very flexible but at the end of the day most people want a defrag tool that is set it and forget it.

Over the years I have tried most defrag tools but I keep coming back to PerfectDisk (although I have stuck with version 11 which I prefer over version 12).

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 06:35 AM »
If it is not a question why would anyone rely on a defragment tool that appears to have bugs in the released version?

I used to use the free version but it didn't seem to be nearly as good as PerfectDisk (at least not the way I had it setup) and the interface I found really confusing. Probably very flexible but at the end of the day most people want a defrag tool that is set it and forget it.

Over the years I have tried most defrag tools but I keep coming back to PerfectDisk (although I have stuck with version 11 which I prefer over version 12).

Well, the build 19 is just fine for me.  And I found no bug in it so far.  At least none serious enough to ditch it.   Currently, I am trialling O&O Defrag 15, which is much faster than the previous version, and I like it so far.  So I will probably use both in the future.
.merle1.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 10:28 AM »
Using more than one defragger is usually counter productive (certainly in terms of speed) as they have their own strategies for file placement and so running competing progams just undo each other.

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 12:28 PM »
Using more than one defragger is usually counter productive (certainly in terms of speed) as they have their own strategies for file placement and so running competing progams just undo each other.

Not in that case with the right options :
- I use UD3 to sort directories and defrag files once in a while
- I use Stealth and Space options on O&O Defrag 15 on a daily basis
.merle1.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Defrag: $9.95
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 02:30 AM »
http://www.disktrix.com/store
Version 4 is expected right after new-year.

Thanksgiving Weekend Promo

UltimateDefrag3 Just $10 Per PC!

On Now. Ends Midnight 28 November USA EST

==> CLICK HERE NOW TO ORDER <==

Between midday Wednesday 23 November and midnight Monday 28 November, we're offering some never-to-be-repeated pricing on UltimateDefrag3 (Instant Download and CD Editions) and UltimateDefrag3 XP (Instant Download Edition).

If you are running Windows 7, Vista or XP, you can get UltimateDefrag3 (Instant Download or CD Edition), normally $29.95, for just $10 per PC.

If you are running Windows XP only you can get an even lower price of just $7.49 for UltimateDefrag3 XP (for Windows XP Only), normally $19.95.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
boxed Defrag: $9.95
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 03:42 AM »
disktrix UltimateDefrag version 4 Release Candidate coming up in a week:

We're currently on the home stretch in the development of Version 4 of UltimateDefrag and we expect to have a release candidate ready by 1 April.

http://www.disktrix....om/dt_newsletter.htm

While you can still select programs you wish to accelerate by folder and filename, UltimateDefrag 4 will recognize all programs and applications you have installed on your PC. You can select which ones you want to accelerate by simply placing a checkmark next to them. Business applications, games, utilities - you name it. Just select them with your mouse and when you run your next defrag, UltimateDefrag 4 will move the application to the fastest performing regions of you hard drive. The result - accelerated loading of the application and it's associated files. The performance increase can really be felt in games and simulations where the hard drive is constantly reading data files from the hard drive during gameplay.
-UltimateDefrag 4

But the price will no longer just be "$9.95"...