ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Must-have apps in the System tray?

<< < (19/41) > >>

f0dder:
Here you go :)

"trimall.exe" automatically trims all processes, has no GUI or status indication or whatever (thus the small size). It still won't trim system processes, and on a multiuser system it will probably only trim other people's processes if you have an administrative user account.

Curt:

"trimall.exe" automatically trims all processes, ....-f0dder (April 20, 2007, 08:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm amazed! The RAM usage was 88%, so I clicked trimall, and
within a single second the RAM usage was lowered to 62%!!
This is awesome!!!

[Edit: FreRAM XP Pro has left my PC...]

rssapphire:
-f0dder (April 20, 2007, 08:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you very much for trimws. I like to run Linux in a VMware virtual machine so I can access Linux programs from my Windows desktop via Xming X-server whenever I need to use one. However, the virtual machine has a huge memory footprint that wastes a lot of memory when I'm not using any Linux programs. I had been loading FreeRam XP Pro and manually locating vmware-vmx.exe and having FreeRam reduce its working set memory. That was a lot of manual clicking. Now I just run "trimws vmware* >nul". This will soon be a FARR alias. ;)

Curt:
f0dder and mouser:

trimws / trimall must be given a page if its own, at DC!   :Thmbsup:

This little wonder-program shouldn't die un-noticed.

-

Only; I don't yet understand how to use trimws, and maybe I'm not the only one? Can I encourage f0dder to create some kind of a manual for beginners, please, to be placed on the program's new page?

f0dder:
Hum, perhaps I should make a little package with the process-related tools I've written. Thing is, they're very much in a "usable by f0dder" state right now :) - no GUI, and even the console mode interface isn't the most user-friendly available.

I'll give it a little though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version