ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Must-have apps in the System tray?

<< < (16/41) > >>

tomos:
the only reason I decided to post here in the end was I didnt see any taskbars quite like mine  :D

I mean so high (5 icons high in systray, 4 in quick launch)
With Autohide of course, saves the need for virtual desktops - for me at any rate.

The icons in the SysTray seem to fluctuate
but usually have ones with * running.
Left to right & top to bottom -

Screenshot Captor for the shot
*Agenda at Once
*FRITZ!DSL (Broadband)
Surfulater
DC Forum Post Notifier
*Autohotkey
*Active Virus Shield (AOL - no spam yet, thank god)
*SpyBot - had Spyware Terminater for a while but went back to this trusty
*Backup4all
*FARR  :)
*Directory Opus
*Instant Boss -  :)
*Grid Move - more greets  :)
*Clip Help &Spell - & more :)
*Process Explorer

*PTRreplicator (Karens Tools) is also usually there to synch stuff to USB stick

Would like to change date thingy (I know what year it is..) but think I have to get another app for that (It seems to take it from the default which i dont want to change)
Also dont like the way the DE is always highlighted but it is handy to remind me why shortcuts sometimes dont work ...

Curt:
... M8 Free Clipboard, but looking at its Web site, it looks pretty limited in comparison with some of the other free clipboard extenders.  -rjbull (April 18, 2007, 06:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have tried a great number of clipboards, and M8 is the one I have kept - for a reason (of course). I do far too many clips, to want to keep them all, so having M8 keeping only the latest 25 is just right for me. I do not want my clipboard to spell, or to frye my eggs - frankly I do not understand what more I should ask for a clipboard manager to do, than M8 Free Clipboard already is doing. Maybe if the author of ArsClip [Edit: can't recall the name right now] would change the hotkey setting - Hide on Esc is of course perfect, but Show on Esc too, is pure idiocy. Other than that ArsClip is a very fine program, but M8 will do the job I need it to do, and it will do it well.

[Edit: confused ArsClip with some other app I cannot remember at the moment]

Nighted:
Don't tell Curt what to like. He is very stubborn!  :P

Curt:
... He is very stubborn! -Nighted (April 18, 2007, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're right!  :-[

Well, other than that, ArsClip is text only. I guess he forgot. Why would normal people want a text only clipboard?

f0dder:
Btw Curt, do check out the app I attached a few posts ago - it does the same as the "intelligent" mode in FreeRAM XP Pro, but is a lot smaller in size and doesn't need to stay running all the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version