ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Must-have apps in the System tray?

<< < (9/41) > >>

lanux128:
Actually you can get rid of that annoying shield...
Open it up and click on the last option in the left hand side's little box, and uncheck all the boxes (3 of them). Ta-da!-wreckedcarzz (April 12, 2007, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks, actually you're the 2nd person to point out to me, after Veign.. :)

Hirudin:
Here's what I got... I'm pretty surprised of 2 things here...
1a. A lot of the stuff I have other people don't.
1b. A lot of the stuff others have, I don't.
- to each his own I guess
2. Nobody else has their start menu 2 layers tall.

Anyway... (I'll skip the normal stuff)...

My own "search" AHK script for searching Dictionary.com, Google, Wikipedia, UPS and many others with 2 hotkeys and a highlighted word.
-
-
AnyDVD
Outpost
Process Explorer
Stupid Logitech thing - Lazyness
Stupid Epson thing - Lazyness
KeyPass
Maomi - Utility to turn on the screen saver by putting the mouse curser in a certain area of the screen
TrueCrypt
G15 Keyboard thing - I shold use this more, but I'm wasting almost all the power of this keyboard...
nVidia thing - Lazyness
-
-

Yeah, looks like it might be good for me to invest in a tray manager... but I'm too darn lazy.

Darwin:
You're right, Hirudin - we don't share a single systray app in common (and the only one that I actually have on my machine that your run in tray is Process Explorer). Interesting, but as you say, to each his or her own!

lanux128:
Hirudin, you can use Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel to remove the OEM icons that came with the hardware..

Renegade:
Hmmm... A very interesting selection there and I will definitely have to investigate a few of those.

For me, I like CLEAN... No extra crap. I like lots of RAM available and lots of CPU available and I use it all! (I regularly have way too many windows open, and managing them is hellish already - Now where was that Explorer window for the screen shots I need???)

While I really like ScreenCaptor and use it daily, I would not recommend it for most people. For those of us that work in software, it's a MUST though.

I'll heavily second Free Ram. That's almost a no brainer. For everyone.

I didn't see anyone recommend PureText:

http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/ 

That's a MUST for everyone. It makes life so much easier. It lets you paste TEXT. Almost stupid, but so necessary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version