ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how to kill / restart Google Chrome?

<< < (3/3)

Deozaan:
You can also use Mouser's Process Tamer to kill processes quickly.

bgd77:
Thanks guys! I used the Process Explorer ages ago, sounds like that could work.

Before I test it (and lose some or all of my opened tabs - I'm using Chrome's "open all last opened pages again on program start" feature), would anyone be so kind and test it for me?  :)
-brotherS (October 10, 2009, 05:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tested it and it works. The last tabs that were opened are restored. When I open Chrome, it detects that it was not shut down properly, and gives you the option to open the browser with those tabs. I'm using version 3.0.195.25

brotherS:
You can use Process Explorer, also from SysInternals, instead of Task Manager. In Process Explorer, Chrome has a "parent" process and each opened tab appears as a "child" process of this "parent" process. You can completely kill Chrome by killing the "parent" process. There is also an option, "Kill the Process Tree", but it seems it is not necessary in this case.
-bgd77 (October 09, 2009, 01:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks guys! I used the Process Explorer ages ago, sounds like that could work.

Before I test it (and lose some or all of my opened tabs - I'm using Chrome's "open all last opened pages again on program start" feature), would anyone be so kind and test it for me?  :)
-brotherS (October 10, 2009, 05:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tested it and it works. The last tabs that were opened are restored. When I open Chrome, it detects that it was not shut down properly, and gives you the option to open the browser with those tabs. I'm using version 3.0.195.25
-bgd77 (October 11, 2009, 12:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
This is the solution! Works nicely!

Thanks for your help!

bgd77:
You're welcome.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version