Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 22, 2014, 10:22:24 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DONE: caps\num lock indicator  (Read 9501 times)
alexp
Charter Member

Is cheese the plural of choose?????

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 13, 2006, 06:52:21 AM »

It would be handy if there were a small program which resided in the sys tray and would show whether the caps lock, num lock and perhaps f-lock keys were active or not.

The keyboard I has (logitech dinovo) does not have the key indicator lights on the keyboard (the are on the hub which I would like to hide under my desk) as it uses bluetooth.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 02:29:36 AM by brotherS » Logged

Why is it that writers write, but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce, and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So, one moose, 2 meese? One index, two indices? Is cheese the plural of choose?
allen
Charter Member

Powered by Beard

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 06:54:51 AM »

I have such a utility on my keyboard  Grin
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 07:21:22 AM »

Alexp: such utility can be done without much work, but would you like to have 3 more icons on the taskbar, or only one?
To have 3 of them, i'd have to do 3 scripts, and that would take like 9mb of memory (each script uses 3mb).
As for the f-lock keys, i think that's possible, but i'm not sure.

alexp
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 08:45:16 AM »

Alexp: such utility can be done without much work, but would you like to have 3 more icons on the taskbar, or only one?
To have 3 of them, i'd have to do 3 scripts, and that would take like 9mb of memory (each script uses 3mb).
As for the f-lock keys, i think that's possible, but i'm not sure.
One icon would be best I think, something like this (and no sniggering about my l33t paint skillz  Grin)

Why is it that writers write, but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce, and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So, one moose, 2 meese? One index, two indices? Is cheese the plural of choose?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 09:41:34 AM »

such utilities already exist.. but i dont know any names off hand.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 02:21:16 PM »

How about like this: if Caps is on, the icon turns red. If Num is on, the icon turns blue. If both of them are on, the icon turns violet?
My idea is based on the mixture of colours, red+blue = violet,  green + red = yellow, green + blue = cyan. If all are on, the icon goes black. If none if on, the icon goes white.
I don't think i can do the f-keys, but if you're happy with a program that works with the other ones, it can be done Wink

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 02:28:32 PM »

guys... programs like this have to exist allready...
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 03:01:44 PM »

guys... programs like this have to exist allready...
You're right mouser, i got driven by my will to program Wink
Try this one, alexp: http://www.softpedia.com/...cellaneous/KeyState.shtml
It seems to do exactlly what you're looking for! cheesy

alexp
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 04:01:10 AM »

Can anyone actually download the file, I have tried all 3 mirrors and the file isn't on any of them.

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 08:01:07 AM »

I also can't download it.. Sorry, i didn't try it before.
But this one, i can download, and seems to do what you're looking for: http://home25.inet.tele.dk/bramsing/

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 10:57:23 PM »

hi there alexp

not sure if this is what you want but this AHK script might come in handy: Toggle Keys Indicator

skywalka

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 07:34:31 AM »

http://www.cfisoft.com/re...oducts/lockdown/index.asp
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.037s | Server load: 0.03 ]