Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 04:11:03 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Google Translate: For Animals  (Read 1691 times)
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 16, 2011, 07:38:24 AM »

OK...So there I was, being bored as hell on stumbleupon.com and wimp.com, when I fell across the following video...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I24bSteJpw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I24bSteJpw</a>

Right...OK...I did actually miss the bit with the link right at the beginning...so the entire way through I was thinking "Heh...fun spoof"...Until I saw an actual GOOGLE link...

Hmmmm...Doubt it works...lets try it anyway......

Custom Quote

Introducing Translate for Animals (beta): Bridging the gap between animals and humans

Making the world’s information universally accessible is a key goal for Google. Language is one of our biggest challenges so we have targeted our efforts on removing language barriers between the species. We are excited to introduce Translate for Animals, an Android application which we hope will allow us to better understand our animal friends. We’ve always been a pet-friendly company at Google, and we hope that Translate for Animals encourages greater interaction and understanding between animal and human.

Translate for Animals is an application for Android phones that recognises and transcribes words and phrases that are common to a species, like cats for example. To develop Translate for Animals, we worked closely with many of the world’s top language synthesis teams, and with leaders in the field of animal cognitive linguistics, including senior fellows at the Bodleian Library in Oxford.

Take a tour of Translate for Animals
Visit Android Market – more apps for your mobile

To remove Translate for Animals, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Animal Translate and select “Uninstall”.

©2011 Google

Source: http://www.google.co.uk/i...ding/translateforanimals/

...Wtf...Did I fall asleep and miss an entire century...is this some type of Google Humor that I really am not getting?...wtf...

I don't have an android, so I cant actually download this and see if:

A> The App is actually a real App
B> WTF it thinks my dog's are saying.

Even if the App is real (IE, you can download it), and it does "Translate"...All its really going to be doing is collecting random sound bytes from a possibly massive list, at complete random...then giving you one to listen to...

Anybody care to explain this to me?!

huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 07:51:50 AM »

app downloaded installed now all i need is an animal (that talks) tongue

btw one of the top voted comments cheesy

Tom
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 08:05:48 AM »

app downloaded installed now all i need is an animal (that talks) tongue

btw one of the top voted comments cheesy

LMFAO

Haha, please let me know what the app does xD

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 08:13:38 AM »

Uploaded by GoogleChannelUK on Mar 31, 2010
That probably was last year's google UK april's fools tongue

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 08:28:35 AM »

Grin sorry Stephen,
I didnt know was I playing along, or leading you on...

(I dont have a smart phone)
EDIT embarassed I thought the app didnt actually exist - but I see it does, ah well... :-)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:09:02 AM by tomos » Logged

Tom
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 09:19:52 AM »

At least that explains it lmao

Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 09:28:44 AM »

I just installed it. It's fun! smiley

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 09:29:11 AM »

It was. You're exactly right.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Target
Honorary Member

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 06:16:26 PM »

* FarSideDogCartoon.jpg (17.57 KB, 237x320 - viewed 89 times.)

"Look wise, say nothing, and grunt. Speech was given to conceal thought" - Sir William Osler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.044s | Server load: 0.13 ]