ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for 'self email' sender

<< < (2/3) > >>

Winkie:
@justice: Do you use a desktop e-mail client? If so, why not use mailto:? (reference here)

The following AutoHotkey code gives the (in my case Thunderbird) compose window, in which I can edit the message before sending it:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---#7::        Run, mailto:[email protected]?subject=This is the subject line&body=This is the body text.Return
sendemail commandline exe.
-mouser (September 05, 2011, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or:

* Blat
* Bmail
Or use Blat with AutoHotkey with a DllCall.
Or... use AutoHotkey with CDO COM (with or without AHK_L).

mouser:
If so, why not use mailto:
--- End quote ---

depending on what justice wants and what desktop mail client he uses, you probably answered your own question when you pointed out that running a mailto usually triggers at least one more dialog to come up, sometimes multiple, so it does require further interaction.

Winkie:
require further interaction.
-mouser (September 05, 2011, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
I know, but...
hotkey. start typing
-justice (September 05, 2011, 04:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
will at least need some dialog, IMHO. If a desktop mail client is present, I would prefer to use it.

justice:
I expected the confusion, because I felt the same way until I used http://www.boonbits.com/captio/ :)

mouser:
Well like i said, a FARR alias can work with a commandline email sender will do what you want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version