ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's alive, it's alive!!! mwahaha! - WinButtons and 7" touchscreen works

<< < (22/31) > >>

nudone:
I think your issue with the sound quality on cellphones is going to be down to the noise cancellation that they'll all be using. I don't know this for sure, it would just make sense that this is built-in these days. Plus, I wouldn't be too surprised if mobile phones only send audio when the sound reaches above a certain level (or is that simply noise cancellation again).

As for touchscreens, yep, they are pretty crap at the moment. I imagine they will remain so for another 10 years - until flexible and "softtouch" screens are available (or whenever that will be).

I've an iPad and that seems about the best touchscreen at the moment. Maybe they should all be named something other than "touch", perhaps "heavythumbprodscreens".

Renegade:
As for touchscreens, yep, they are pretty crap at the moment. I imagine they will remain so for another 10 years - until flexible and "softtouch" screens are available (or whenever that will be).
-nudone (December 07, 2011, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ahem...

;)

You don't need to understand Korean to get the point there, but they're already here. :D

What would you call a display that's like paper? Displayper~! :) (Bought the domain a while back.)

Stoic Joker:
Maybe it's just me, but I respond much better to mechanical technology that digital.  I like gears, metal parts, levers, buttons...mechanical devices feel much more human.-superboyac (December 07, 2011, 10:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO!!! ...I was truly amazing how relaxing it was the first time I went out work on my bike after screwing with this IT shit for months on end. I'd been a mechanic for years before getting into IT, and i'd let the bike sit for a few years. But it dawned on me one day that I truly missed the visceral, tactile sensation of being one with something. (At 100+mph you're either completely in sync with your mount...or about to die :)) I dare say the old girl has indeed saved my sanity.

nudone:
You don't need to understand Korean to get the point there, but they're already here.
-Renegade (December 07, 2011, 12:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I've seen those, they're everywhere aren't they - I've got a giant one that I use as a shower curtain. (Well, maybe I will have by the time I die.)

Displayper? Maybe. I assume we'll just be calling it e-paper when it arrives.

Ath:
I've an iPad and that seems about the best touchscreen at the moment. Maybe they should all be named something other than "touch", perhaps "heavythumbprodscreens".
-nudone (December 07, 2011, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's in fact the difference between a Capacitive touch screen (that the iPad and most of the smartphones have) and a Resistive touch screen that the MIMO has, the technology diff explained in this Wikipedia article

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version