ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's alive, it's alive!!! mwahaha! - WinButtons and 7" touchscreen works

<< < (18/31) > >>

Ath:
And the same image photographed from my Iiyama screen: (without the annotations)

It's alive, it's alive!!! mwahaha! - WinButtons and 7" touchscreen works

nudone:
Right. It does look orange. Looks like that just has to be accepted, what a pity (if I ever find time I'll see if there's some way to calibrate the touchscreen differently; I really can't see any good reason why it is so poor - "touch enabled" doesn't equate to "crap colours").

Anyway, it's a long process but I'm starting to put together proper WinButton layouts. I've just put a 30 button layout together, believing that 40 buttons was way too many, but now I realise I really do need 40 buttons (or even more).

Here's an example of the "metro" Photoshop layout - which I'll have to change to add more buttons to. Oh well. I've got Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Premiere layouts to do in a similar style (colours changed to match Adobe's icon colour scheme). After that I'll record and upload the video I said I'd do, demonstrating how things work.

edit:
may as well attach the actual WinButton template too if anyone want to try it. Some of the buttons won't work unless you create the very same keyboard shortcuts in Photoshop.

nudone:
p.s.

Just thought I'd say that I'll start creating buttons with graphics inside when I've decided what buttons I'll always be using. I'll exchange a lot of the text labels for graphics so that the buttons are more "intuitive" to use.

Ath:
Here's an example of the "metro" Photoshop layout
-nudone (September 25, 2011, 10:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's looking good :up:
Must say that the purple is more like blue on the MIMO, but that's the same lack of red displayed, I assume.

The advantage of the "metro" design is the spacing between the buttons, so you can drag the preview to the mimo for testing ('Allow Window Movable' should be checked for that to work) and a quick color comparison.

I know how time-consuming setting up a lot of buttons can be, so I'm thinking about the workflow of WBE, and how to improve that. Especially the new parameters for the images are hacked in, so I'll probably better create a separate screen just for setting that up nicely.

OT:
I see you're using "{ctrldown} s {ctrlup}" to send in fact "^s" to Photoshop. If you change the Command separator (Global parameters) to something like &, you can use "^s" for the WinSendKeys performed -send command. It'll save you some typing, and the command will execute a few-hundred milliseconds faster 8)

cranioscopical:
Anyone else with the MIMO noticed such terrible colour production on the touchscreen?
-nudone (September 25, 2011, 06:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, it's diabolical. This Pantone chart on my MIMO might as well be from a different range compared to what shows on the others. Reds shift to brown (too much green?) I haven't looked for a MIMO calibration program.

While colour matters on the main screens, I don't much care about the MIMO in this regard — for my purchase, display quality wasn't a significant criterion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version