ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's alive, it's alive!!! mwahaha! - WinButtons and 7" touchscreen works

<< < (17/31) > >>

Ath:
I wasn't expecting it to be a brilliant monitor but it's not even close to being simply "good". All colours seem to be fine except for RED which never appears as anything better than ORANGE.
-nudone (September 25, 2011, 06:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can confirm that. With a somewhat complex colored background it's kinda Ok, but with the standard boxed colors like the new Metro-like setup that will be used more in the near future, it's not really good enough.
It is also very dependent on the viewing angle.

Example that has quite lame colors:

And a bit less dimmed:

(Screenshots from NASA/JPL-Caltech Windows 7 Hidden Universe theme)

Guess your statement about the general (un)usability of touch-screens will stay valid for some time to come :( unless there's a real market for WinButtons ;D

nudone:
Hmm, it doesn't appear that the MIMO responds to any kind of colour correction controls either (maybe I've just not found the right way to do it though).

The unforgivable thing is that these touchscreens are far too expensive for what they are. Even a crap smartphone screen has better colour reproduction, well, even my years old Pocket PC has infinitely better colour reproduction - simply because it can produce red quite easily.

There's just no excuse for how crap these touchscreens are. How hard is it to display red. PATHETIC.

Ath:
Hmm, it doesn't appear that the MIMO responds to any kind of colour correction controls either (maybe I've just not found the right way to do it though).-nudone (September 25, 2011, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have been unable to find those controls too, there are only 2 brightness buttons (+ and -) on the left side, but that shifts from barely usable to rather unusable (dark). The option in the driver that says 'Advanced Configuration...' just opens the Windows display settings :o

Tried to make good photos of the MIMO and my not very good Iiyama screen, but like before they're not great.
The MIMO colors are a bit dull, though brightness is at the highest level, the Iiyama colors are acceptable for the non-Graphics person I am ;D

MIMO:

Iiyama:

nudone:
Well, your photo of the MIMO screen makes it look like you've got "red" showing on there. There's no way a photo of my touchscreen would look anything close to that.

BUT, that's when viewing your photos on my main screen, the HP with a very wide colour gamut - the screen makes reds look oversaturated when compared with "normal" screens. The two Dell 2007fp screens either side do make your photos seem more "orange" but still not as much as the MIMO does.

I'm now wondering if the MIMO is having it's colour adjusted when it shouldn't. I've set all my screens up using a Sypder3Elite calibration unit except for the MIMO. The touchscreen is too small to run the calibration software.

Ath:
With a full red button (0xFF0000) it really looks more like orange, I just made a photo of that as well:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version