ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's alive, it's alive!!! mwahaha! - WinButtons and 7" touchscreen works

<< < (16/31) > >>

nudone:
Just thought I'd mention that using the latest drivers for the MIMO make no difference to my boot problems. The touchscreen is recognised after the driver is first installed and the machine rebooted but rebooting after that and the screen pretends it isn't connected. Which means I have to boot up without the screen attached - then plug it in.

Not too inconvenient I admit but I'll add this problem to the list of why touchscreens are still completely useless for wide appeal.

Ath:
I think that the driver added a significant delay in my boot process, but I'll have to un-install to confirm that. I'll probably do that sometime in the coming weeks, just to know for sure that this driver is causing the heavy HD grinding at boot, after boot-up the system works just as before. I can keep the screen connected during boot and it works just fine, as reported before.

nudone:
Just to confuse matters, or maybe even clarify them, I've just rebooted and the MIMO was recognised correctly during startup. This appears to be because I've disconnected an external USB hard drive - which I can leave unplugged until I really need it.

Ath, as for the speed of boot process it, takes quite a while on my machine so I've not noticed if the driver has slowed things down or not. It seems about the same, i.e. it hasn't become dramatically slower.

cranioscopical:
Just thought I'd mention that using the latest drivers for the MIMO make no difference to my boot problems. The touchscreen is recognised after the driver is first installed and the machine rebooted but rebooting after that and the screen pretends it isn't connected. Which means I have to boot up without the screen attached - then plug it in.

Not too inconvenient I admit but I'll add this problem to the list of why touchscreens are still completely useless for wide appeal.
-nudone (September 20, 2011, 03:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm happy to say that there is no such problem here. Just a quick cut to black... so fast that it hardly registers. Reboot always picks up the MIMO (unless I've turned it off, obviously).

nudone:
I'm still having trouble with the MIMO being recognised at startup - I'll just have to accept that and hope it changes when I upgrade the machine at some point.

One thing that I'm not sure is a general defect or just specific to my touchscreen is the colour accuracy.

I wasn't expecting it to be a brilliant monitor but it's not even close to being simply "good". All colours seem to be fine except for RED which never appears as anything better than ORANGE.

Honestly, there is no way anyone could describe the colour it produces for red as "red".

Anyone else with the MIMO noticed such terrible colour production on the touchscreen?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version