ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's alive, it's alive!!! mwahaha! - WinButtons and 7" touchscreen works

<< < (14/31) > >>

cranioscopical:
Glad you rebooted just often enough to get it right :D-Ath (September 15, 2011, 01:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I see your point  ;D

At the moment I'm still floundering.

MIMO is monitor 3 and is somehow paired with monitor 1, thus any touch on the MIMO reults in 'tablet' input to monitor 1.
For example with 'numkeypad' active on MIMO, touching the buttons (or should I say hammering — the 'touch' isn't quite what I expected) gives tablet input on monitor 1.
MIMO is set to 'extend my desktop...' not to mirror #1
I think that the Displaylink drivers are thwarted by something (probably me).
The best thing is to rip out the drivers and go again.

I didn't expect 2 USB connectors on the MIMO. Just one powers it perfectly well on my box.

nudone:
I'll be honest and admit I didn't try the latest drivers; I'll try them when I get back.

Is anyone using the mimo with win7 64 bit? Just wondering if that's going to be a problem when I move from 32 bit.

Stoic Joker:
Not quite the same thing... But I had a client last week that had a Win7 x64 machine and an external video adapter that used the DisplayLink drivers. I had to DL the latest from their site to get it running, but it worked just fine.

Ath:
MIMO is monitor 3 and is somehow paired with monitor 1, thus any touch on the MIMO reults in 'tablet' input to monitor 1.
-cranioscopical (September 15, 2011, 10:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, yeah, the driver does have the quirk of setting the wrong default monitor as the touch-related monitor, you'll have to correct that like this:
It's alive, it's alive!!! mwahaha! - WinButtons and 7" touchscreen works

The circled label-like control is actually a button that lets you select the monitor (3) that has the touch-capability.
Not sure if I also had to correct that with the original drivers, but seeing it misbehave in this version, I guess I did.

Is anyone using the mimo with win7 64 bit? Just wondering if that's going to be a problem when I move from 32 bit.
-nudone (September 15, 2011, 11:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yup, works just very fine over here :D

Ath:
an external video adapter that used the DisplayLink drivers
-Stoic Joker (September 15, 2011, 11:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
Seeing the advertisements on their site, it looks like they are used a lot with the Digital school-boards lots of school are already or starting to use, providing the combination of projector display and touch- or hand-pointer- input.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version