ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's alive, it's alive!!! mwahaha! - WinButtons and 7" touchscreen works

<< < (13/31) > >>

Ath:
I've released a WinButtons update today (here for who missed it), and just for the heck of it, I turned Off the 'return mouse to previous location after touching the touch-screen' option 8) (conveniently called 'Anchor mouse' in the settings' Properties page, AFAICS)  (I turned it on earlier, to work in a configuration closely like nudone), to see if my CursorRestore feature works as designed, and I can report after about 1/2 day of use, it just 'feels right' (but I may be biased, though I try to avoid that).
I have not had the urge to turn that option back on in the touch-screen driver yet, so I guess it should work with most other touch-screens equally well, even if they don't offer a similar setting. Unless ofcourse their driver insists on moving the mouse to the touch-screen any time you bring your finger close to it :down:

cranioscopical:
My MIMO Touch2 arrived here yesterday. So, I hooked it up this morning.

I can see I'm going to have some fun. It blue-screens my new W7 box faster than I can say 'knife'. I know 'cos I was saying "that's not very knife" at the time (or some shorter, pithy words with roughly the same meaning).

No doubt there's a way round it, if not I'll try it on another machine here (though I want it on my main machine where it might actually be useful). Clearly, it's time now to set it aside and play a video game instead  ;D

Watch this space -->  <--     ::)

nudone:
Oh dear. Hopefully just a "typical" driver issue. I have faith you'll get it to work, just not in the straightforward way we'd all expect. (Like I mentioned before, I have to connect the mimo after everything else has finished loading in - but I'm sure this wasn't the case with the mymo - that just worked, but the software wasn't so good; which might not matter anyway now that Ath has modified things since.)

cranioscopical:
Oh dear. Hopefully just a "typical" driver issue.-nudone (September 14, 2011, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, thanks. Just took another swing at it and now I'm replying to you from the MIMO screen. Now, where did I put that copy of WinButtons...
                           :Thmbsup:

Ath:
I have to connect the mimo after everything else has finished loading in
-nudone (September 14, 2011, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Haven't seen that behavior here, but I do notice the horrendous flashing of the screen when connecting the MIMO to a running system, because of the DisplayLink drivers 'configuring stuff the right way'. If I leave the MIMO connected I don't see the flickering, not even during system startup or login. The systems I have used it on so far are rather high-end, considering current state of hardware, and Win7.
I assume you got the latest drivers from the MIMO & DisplayLink site?

Just took another swing at it and now I'm replying to you from the MIMO screen.
-cranioscopical (September 14, 2011, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Glad you rebooted just often enough to get it right :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version