ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's alive, it's alive!!! mwahaha! - WinButtons and 7" touchscreen works

<< < (6/31) > >>

nudone:
Oh dear. This is going to take ages to try everything out.

I've now positioned the MIMO to the left of the keyboard and it seems like the right place for it, maybe it's just the novelty though.

I didn't want to do this originally because I'd put the keyboard's detachable number keypad on the left (this is what you can do with the MS Sidewinder keyboard). So, it didn't seem right to put the touchscreen on the left as well - it would be too far left.

But, I've removed the number keypad completely and put the touchscreen in its place. The touchscreen isn't lying flat (for reasons I mentioned above) but, on its stand, it looks and feels like it's at a good position and angle to use. Quite natural to take my left hand off the keyboard whilst typing and hit a button on the touchscreen - more natural than reaching to hit the touchscreen when it's behind the keyboard (in front of the main monitor).

The truth is I never used the Sidewinder's number keypad whilst it was on the left hand side. I was meant to be using it as a macro trigger keypad but could never remember which keys did which function, hence the reason for having a touchscreen to display what each key/button does.

I think I'll create a "generic" button template for WinButtons that will behave like a typical number keypad (with a few extra functions thrown in on the extra buttons). This can then act as the default button layout that displays when specific button groups aren't shown because their parent program doesn't have focus.

tomos:

still,
sounds like it's slowly getting there :up:

Ath:
I published an update for WinButtons and WBE in this thread, adding a configurable buffersize for the CursorRestore feature.

@nudone, I expect that setting CursorRestore to 'Regular', using WBE, should eliminate most of the 'missed mouse-cursor restores' you saw until now.

nudone:
Sorry, Ath, the latest update doesn't appear to be working well at all.

The new cursor memory feature doesn't seem to make any difference regardless of the setting it's on, i.e. the mouse cursor always jumps onto the button that has been hit and doesn't move back to its original location.

There is also a strange layout problem. My Photoshop specific "group" of buttons now is offset to the left by about 200 pixels and the background is bright orange - it was black before the udpate.

There also seems to be a problem with the buttons remembering their label names, though, this was happening with the previous version too.

The cursor memory isn't something I think you should spend much time on to be honest, as the MIMO software takes care of all that and works everytime (it's just a bit inaccurate sometimes).

I'm going to keep working with the previous version of WBE for the moment.

edit:
An old problem, in that I've had it from the beginning, is getting the keyboard combinations to work correctly. Maybe this is a problem with AutoIt or it is likely just to be me not understanding the syntax properly. I wonder if this could also be creating problems for how WinButtons works, i.e. I have keyboard shortcuts that require characters like "#" and ";" which, I guess, could be confused by AutoIt's own interpretations.

nudone:
One, thought and question: are the old .wbuc button templates compatible with the updates of WinButtonsEdit?

It's going to be a long process of having to recreate all the templates everytime if so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version