ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's alive, it's alive!!! mwahaha! - WinButtons and 7" touchscreen works

<< < (26/31) > >>

nudone:
I see. Well, definitely only a single standard type cable on this MIMO. I wonder if there are any other differences with the "touch 2"?

cranioscopical:
I wonder if there are any other differences with the "touch 2"?-nudone (December 11, 2011, 08:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, one trifling way in which it differs from yours is that it works  ;D

4wd:
It wants 1.0A from a USB connection and comes with a double-headed connector (I use only one with no problems).-cranioscopical (December 11, 2011, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not trying to rain on your parade or anything but USB ports are only rated to provide 0.5-0.9A, (USB2-USB3).
The only way to get more from a USB3 port is if it is able to go into charging mode and that's done by shorting the D+ and D- data lines.

I'd rather have the inconvenience of the loss of a USB port for purely technical reasons than risk burning out whatever protection may be on the one I'm drawing too much current from and losing it anyway.

There is a reason why they provide that 'Y' cable.  ;)

nudone:
I wonder if there are any other differences with the "touch 2"?-nudone (December 11, 2011, 08:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, one trifling way in which it differs from yours is that it works  ;D
-cranioscopical (December 11, 2011, 11:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, but my MIMO now works perfectly, better than expected. I may even buy another just so I can have two perfectly working MIMOs.

And, as 4wd has pointed out, it sounds like you MIMO will soon not be working or, at least, your USB ports will be smoldering along with your burnt out motherboard.  :P

cranioscopical:
Not trying to rain on your parade or anything but USB ports are only rated to provide 0.5-0.9A
-4wd (December 12, 2011, 03:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
I did wonder Y. Thanks for the warming, I'll play safe.

your USB ports will be smoldering along with your burnt out motherboard-nudone
--- End quote ---
Yeah, but can yours cook breakfast?  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version