topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:59 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DONE: Batch m3u8 creator - similar to createm3u  (Read 89250 times)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DONE: Batch m3u8 creator - similar to createm3u
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2015, 09:29 AM »
I'm not sure if this might be better served by a separate app entirely, but might be handy if it's incorporated into sPlaylistmaker as well.

Correct, this is better suited to a file renaming application.

I can usually get the correct names into a text file (1 per line) to match the media files so having some way to automatically merge the correct names onto the existing files would save a lot of renaming work.
I have a file renaming utility that can do this albeit in a clumsy way - maybe you could find a elegant and simple solution?

When I want to do freestyle renaming like this, I use one of two programs (depending on how fancy I need to get with the text editing): SpeedRenamer and Freename

Note that SpeedRenamer's website is in German but the program is in English.

Xennon

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2015, 02:28 PM »
Thanks, I'll check out those 2 apps - they might be easier than the one I currently use.

unc0nnected

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2015, 04:08 PM »
Was surprised to find a bit of functionality missing, specifying the filename of the playlists based on customized variables such as Artist, Album, Folder, etc etc.  Right now it will automatically name the file based on folder but that's it.  Being able to put something like "%1_%2_%3" into the playlist filename field, with %1=Artist, %2=Album and %3=Folder you can completely autogenerate the filenames to include multi-CD albums.  Right now if I have something like /Artist/Album/CD1 and I autogenerate playlist names based on folders it will name the playlist 'CD1' which is about as useless and can be when I have 500 folders named CD1 :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2015, 04:55 PM »
Hi, unc0nnected, and welcome to the DonationCoder website.   :Thmbsup:

Was surprised to find a bit of functionality missing, specifying the filename of the playlists based on customized variables such as Artist, Album, Folder, etc etc.

While I won't argue with you that sPlaylistMaker is pretty simplistic, please keep in mind that it was written as Unicode-capable clone of the following app: http://lostfound.raum108.de/create_m3u/

If I'm not mistaken, I think the following app will cover your custom variable needs: http://www.oddgravity.de/app-opc.php

Sempfmaus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2016, 06:51 AM »
Hi there!

First of all, thank you very much for this extremely useful program.

I am using it now for about 4 days, and i am impressed how fast and configurable to any possible needs it is.
I also like the clean & lean look of your tools.

I have one request though, would it be possible to put a character in front of the name of the .m3u? (maybe trough the .ini file?)

The thing is when i drop the root-folder with all my my soundtracks into sPlayListMaker, it makes all the playlists for all albums in the corresponding folders. Which is good so far.
The .m3us have now the names of the folder of the album. (e.g. "Inception.m3u")

Now if there are 20 (or more) mp3s in that album, the .m3u is somewhere down there between all the mp3s.
(mostly waaay down there, because the .mp3s are mostly named with the tracknumbers in front, and therefore the .m3u is almost everytime on the bottom or somewhere in the middle of all the .mp3s.)

What i then do is i put a ! in front of the name of the .m3u, so it is always on top of the folder, and i can doubleclick it without scrolling down &  searching for the .m3u.
e.g. "Inception.m3u"  -->  "!Inception.m3u" (can be done with a mass-renamer)

But now unfolds another problem.

I cant drop the root-folder where all my soundtracks are stored into sPlayListMaker again, because the programm will create a new .m3u (without the ! ) for all albums in there,
because its thinking there is no .m3u for all the albums.

So would it be possible for you to implement some kind of "put one character in front of the generated .m3u-filename"-function?
maybe in the .ini-file: "PlaylistName=+!" or something like that.

I just hope i didnt overlooked any function of your programm, which already allows me to do this.

Sorry for my poor english, and apologies for this wall of text, but i didnt know how i should make my request clear simpler. ;)

And another thing which interests me .. if I can humbly ask which programming language do you use?

Regards .. Sempfmaus ;)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2016, 06:57 PM »
Hi, Sempfmaus, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :)

I have one request though, would it be possible to put a character in front of the name of the .m3u? (maybe trough the .ini file?)

See below for a new version with your added feature request.

Sorry for my poor english, and apologies for this wall of text, but i didnt know how i should make my request clear simpler. ;)

Your written English is wonderful  :Thmbsup: and much better than many native speakers I know.   ;)

And another thing which interests me .. if I can humbly ask which programming language do you use?

All my applications are written in AutoHotkey.

Website | Download
v1.1.0 - 2016-03-08
    + Added option to prepend a string to the generated playlist filenames.
      (Thanks, Sempfmaus)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:49 PM by skwire »

Sempfmaus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2016, 07:14 AM »
Wow, that was quick!

I have tested the new version, and it works perfectly. :D

Thank you so much for this wonderful programm, i think i would not have any need for any other .m3u-tool ever!
It just does everything i will ever need regarding .m3us. <3

Oh and another thing... the user unc0nnected (two posts above my first) had a question about multi-CD albums.
I know its a bit late, but here is what i do in this situation.

If a album has two discs, i just rename the .mp3s to reflect the cd, e.g. Intromusic.mp3 to CD1_Intromusic.mp3, and put them alltogether in one folder.
Altrough if the album has more than two or three cds, i just rename the folder to something better than CD1.
(Can be easily done with a multi or mass-renamer.)

I also have two copies of sPlayListMaker on my harddisk:
1.) one configured to "No path at all, just the filename" and "Write location: Each Folder" (for single-cd albums and root-folder for all my collections).
2.) another configured to "Relative paths" and "Write location: Root Folder(s) only" (for multi-cd albums).

I have made a link for both to my "SentTo" folder in windows explorer, so i can just rightclick a album and select the appropriate.

So my workflow is like this: rightclick the rootfolder of my collections, select 1.). (All single-cd albums have a .m3u in their folders.)
Then go into the folder, select all the multi-cd folders, rightclick and select 2.). (All multi-cd albums have a .m3u in their root folders.)

This way i have all on just a rightclick, without the hassle to configure sPlayListMaker every time i want to do multi-cd albums.

Hope this helps someone who has this kind of "problem". ^^

Again thanks for the update & i will have a look at AutoHotkey.

Regards .. SempfMaus

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2016, 08:44 AM »
Wow, that was quick!
I have tested the new version, and it works perfectly. :D

Good to hear and thank you for testing.

If a album has two discs, i just rename the .mp3s to reflect the cd, e.g. Intromusic.mp3 to CD1_Intromusic.mp3, and put them alltogether in one folder.
Altrough if the album has more than two or three cds, i just rename the folder to something better than CD1.

I daresay most people use something like the following folder structure:

ArtistName
'--> AlbumName1
'--> AlbumName2
'--> AlbumName3
     `--> CD1
     `--> CD2

I do the following:

ArtistName
'--> AlbumName1
'--> AlbumName2
'--> AlbumName3 (CD1)
'--> AlbumName3 (CD2)

Basically, no subfolders for multi-disc albums.

Sempfmaus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2016, 09:28 AM »
Ah thats also a verry good idea!

But that could end up in a really long folder-structure..

e.g.: "Karajan 1980s Complete DG Recordings - 78 cds" or "Deutsche Grammophon The Originals series - 141 cds".
Ok, that are extreme examples, but your way is viable for me up to 5 cd-packs.

Also with my method i got a .m3u for the whole cd-pack, and i can just doubleclick it & have all the .mp3s in my player, and i often use the shuffle function.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion, always thankful for new ideas. :)

PS: i have heard before from AutoHotkey, but i thought it is just a gui for batch-files. ^^
I will definitive have a look at that .

Regards .. SempfMaus
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:34 AM by Sempfmaus »

dcsev

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2016, 04:55 AM »
Hi skwire,
I've been using sPlaylistMaker since its inception and I haven't had any major problems until now.  I am hoping you can figure it out. Using M4A files.

These are the offending files. You'll notice that Directory Lister has the same error in listing as sPlaylistMaker.

Here is director lister's files:
http://pastebin.com/A1AEtrih

Here is the sPlaylistmaker's m3u file: http://pastebin.com/pDjDR04x

Here is an image of the settings I use:

The problem is that the listing jumps from 10 > 100.  :(
See pic:

I am not having this problem with any other albums.  M4A files do not allow the extra 0's needed  MP3s do, but it's not an option to convert my collection. :(

It may not be 100% sPlaylistMaker's fault. but is there any way to correct this in the program?  I have subscribed to this thread  so I will see replies quickly.

Thank you again for all that you do. It is sincerely appreciated!

dcsev

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2020, 05:41 PM »
Paging @skwire..

4 years later I ran into the same problem as what I posted above on July 2016.   I've confirmed that Winamp is misordering (100 before 20) because of the way it's listed in the playlist.

Is there any hope for a fix for sPlaylistmaker?  This has been a solid app for the past 4-5 years and I hope to have it listed in proper numerical sorting for the tracks.

Thank you good sir!!

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2020, 10:32 PM »
Is there any hope for a fix for sPlaylistmaker?  This has been a solid app for the past 4-5 years and I hope to have it listed in proper numerical sorting for the tracks.

This was trickier than I thought it would be, but give this interim build a test and let me know your results.

http://www.dcmembers...stMaker_v1.1.0.6.zip

dcsev

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2020, 11:22 PM »
 I've done some testing and can confirm it's working now.

Jody, you are a god among gods.  Sometimes the simplest issues are the hardest.    I sincerely appreciate your time and effort for the updated build & for this brilliant program.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2020, 01:29 AM »
Jody is the best.

And this is a good time to remind folks that if you can, sending some donations to the coders who create stuff is always welcome. You can click on the gold coin under someone's name to send them some donationcredits or get the link to donate to them directly.  :up: