ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

data binding

(1/3) > >>

kalos:
hello

there is a whole discussion about data binding and I would like to know if there is any solution for my needs:

I want to create forms (form1, form2, etc) that I put text in each field of the forms.
Then, I want to automatically transfer the text of each field of a specific form, to the relevant cell of another, second software.

I want a program to identify the id of form and open the appropriate tab in the second software. Then to transfer the text of each field of the form to the appropriate cell of the relevant tab in the second software.

The second software has a search function, with which you put the appriate number in a field and by hitting ENTER it opens the relevant tab (where the data of the form should be transfered)

Do you have an idea how to implement this?

thanks!

f0dder:
I assume you don't have source code for the 'second software'?

If not, you'll have to simulate input for the secondary app; exactly how to do it depends on the application, sometimes you can use SetWindowText for some parts, other times you have to send character by character... and it's generally a relatively fragile exercise.

kalos:
I assume you don't have source code for the 'second software'?
-f0dder (September 04, 2011, 08:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

yup, I don't

If not, you'll have to simulate input for the secondary app; exactly how to do it depends on the application, sometimes you can use SetWindowText for some parts, other times you have to send character by character... and it's generally a relatively fragile exercise.
-f0dder (September 04, 2011, 08:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know the SetWindowText, I can't change the code of the second software, I guess I need some kind of app that will automatically do what I describe in the first post

Renegade:
Check for macro software.

IainB:
@kalos: I think you might find that you could do what you are looking for if you use Google docs and the Forms capability - e.g., as per this Lifehacker post: Track Your Spending with Gmail and Google Docs

Hope this helps or is of use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version