ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (61/63) > >>

Peter 123:
I hope that tranglos is fine and that he will return soon to the forum.

Despite of his absence for a number of months I decided to register in the forum mainly for the same reason mentioned above by Lazy Moon:

I joined this site primarily to express my admiration for Echo. -Lazy Moon (June 22, 2012, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Searching a long time for a satisfying clipboard manager I finally stayed with Ditto - until I discovered yesterday accidentally Ethervane Echo. It is an excellent program and I would like to thank its developer tranglos very much for giving us such a nice tool.  :Thmbsup:

My happiness about the software is reduced only by one detail:
The icon of Ethervane Echo all the time disappears from the tray.

Let's resume other postings that reported the same problem:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=27849.msg274101#msg274101 (hangdawg)
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=27849.msg284457#msg284457 (silat)
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=27849.msg291658#msg291658 (Lazy Moon)

Here was a statement by tranglos (https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=27849.msg284457#msg284457):
This (what shows up in the system tray) is entirely controlled by Windows, not by applications. All Echo does is instruct Windows to show its icon in the system tray, but it has no control over how it is displayed (icon, notifications only etc).

I'm not seeing the problem you describe on Windows 7 32-bit. Perhaps the 64-bit Windows treats 32-b it apps in this way, I'm afraid I have no idea.
--- End quote ---

That's a pity. And unfortunately I must say that I have Windows 7 32-bit and the problem is existing here too. I have also tried both the installed and the portable version of Ethervane Echo. The tray icon disappears again and again.

In the Internet there are a lot of reports that Windows causes such an effect in connection with other software too. I will try to find and to test some Windows-based approaches and if I find a solution of course I will post it here.

AnTul:
The icon of Ethervane Echo all the time disappears from the tray.
--- End quote ---
- this is Win 7 - it's right. I'm use Startup Delayer - no thouse problem.
Tell me, will continue to develop the program? Best of the sort. Is the author gave up? It is unfortunate if so.

tomos:
Using this again - what a beautifully made piece of software :-*
Am using it together with mouser's CHS without problems.

I have two queries:
   # can I save sort in a tab - in particular, I'd like saved clips in the "Sticky" tab to show Alphabetically and Ascending (it defaults to by date and descending on restart)
   # can I modify the copy key? e.g. Ctrl+Shift+C? (background: I'm only using EthervaneEcho for one project) - I did look in Settings but might have missed something...

TIA for any help!

tomos:
I have two queries:
   # can I save sort in a tab - in particular, I'd like saved clips in the "Sticky" tab to show Alphabetically and Ascending (it defaults to by date and descending on restart)
-tomos (February 17, 2015, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

well, I figured this one out - in the menu:
Tools >Manage Quick Views (Ctrl+U)

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

I changed the options in both modes and saved :up:

# can I modify the copy key? e.g. Ctrl+Shift+C? (background: I'm only using EthervaneEcho for one project) - I did look in Settings but might have missed something...-tomos (February 17, 2015, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Didnt have any luck with this one - I see I can save clips in plain text using Ctrl+Shift+C.
But dont see any way of changing the regular copy key combo...

Grimbly:
It would be cool if you could attach notes to clipboard items :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version