ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (40/63) > >>

tranglos:
New release February 12 (Version 1.1.0 build 117)

Echo now has a permanent home. I've been restoring my site at tranglos.com, and that's where Echo lives. (The design is still in flux, and it is certainly not optimal for the task, but after four years of hair-pulling, I've had to decide on something! It's there.) However, I will still be updating this thread and use it for support, so don't go anywhere, Echo fans! :)

See the top post in this thread for download links.

New in this release:

CHANGED: This release uses a different editor control for the "edit clip" dialog. The change was necessary, because the editor I originally used had some random-but-annoying problems with the Addict spellchecker, such as ignoring obvious misspellings, even though they were recognized as such and got the proper red wavy underline. (That editor also has a nagging non-standard behavior when selecting line-wrapped text.) The new editor has an almost identical functionality, with a few minor differences, e.g. no support for marking modified lines. At the moment URL highlighting is not possible either, sorry about that! On the flip side, incremental search is now supported in the editor (press Ctrl+E).

ADDED: Option to automatically mark edited clips as sticky: Preferences -> Editing clips -> MakeEditedClipsSticky. This option is disabled by default.

ADDED: Option to update the date and time of edited clips: Preferences -> Editing clips -> UpdateClipTimestamp. This option is disabled by default.

ADDED: Option to always refresh the current view after editing a clip. Preferences -> Editing clips -> AlwaysRefresh. This option is disabled by default.

Why this may be useful: When you edit a clip, you are changing its text and probably its length as well. Using the other editing-related options, editing a clip may change its timestamp or make it sticky. Depending on what view was active when you started editing the clip, it is possible that after editing, the clip no longer "fits" the view. For example, the view shows only clips shorter than 10 characters, but the edited clip is longer. Or, the view contains only clips with URLs, but you have deleted the URL while editing. By default, when you save the clip, Echo does not refresh the view, so that the clip you were editing remains selected in the view. This seems to be the most natural behavior, but in cases similar to the examples above it may cause the view to show a clip which does not belong. If you enable this option, Echo will always refresh the view when you finish editing a clip; in this case it is possible that the edited clip will "disappear" from view, if it no longer matches its filters. (You can also refresh a view manually at any time by pressing Ctrl+R. Note also that when you use the newly added "Save as New" command, the view will always be refreshed.)

ADDED: In the external editor you can now save the text as a new clip instead of replacing the original. Click the "Save as New" button on the toolbar (or command in the context menu). When you use this function, Echo will always refresh the current view.

ADDED: In the external editor, option to keep the editor open after saving a clip. To enable it, click the Options button and make sure "Close Editor on Save" is unchecked. This way you can continue editing a clip after using the Save or Save as New commands.

ADDED: "Refresh View" command under the View menu (Ctrl+R). You can use it to refresh a view manually, for example if the view was not refreshed after editing clips, and the edited clips may no longer belong in the view (e.g. because their text, date or length has changed).

IMPROVED: When you edit a clip in the external editor, Echo no longer suspends capturing clips. This means Echo can now capture text copied inside the editor as well. (When editing a clip in-place, capturing is still suspended, because new clips cannot be added to the list while the in-place editor is active.)

IMPROVED: Echo now properly restores the selection of multiple clips in some situations, e.g. after using the Copy (Ctrl+C) command.

IMPROVED: Loading clips is now faster and Echo uses less memory to display a view.

FIXED: When a clip was edited and saved, Echo would not update the clip's size on the clip information bar (display only).

cranioscopical:
Nice, clean, web site  :Thmbsup:

PhilB66:
New release February 23! (Version 1.1.0 build 117)
--- End quote ---
Is it a "back to the future" version?

Nice, clean, web site
--- End quote ---

Agreed. Well done, tranglos.

tranglos:
--- End quote ---
-PhilB66 (February 12, 2012, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

You'll catch up eventually :-)

Nice, clean, web site
--- End quote ---
Agreed. Well done, tranglos.
--- End quote ---

Thanks! It better be, after all the time it took!

Next I need to refresh the other apps I've released here on DC, build installers and help files, and then bring back all the vintage stuff from the freezer. Just for kicks - and for those who haven't seen it - this is what websites looked in mid-nineties :-) There should be a museum for such things.

(But it does load about 10 times faster then WordPress.)

tranglos:
--- End quote ---
-PhilB66 (February 12, 2012, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

You'll catch up eventually :-)
-tranglos (February 12, 2012, 08:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was staring me in the face and I didn't get it. February 12, of course. Or 13, where I live. Not 23 at all. Sorry :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version