ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (36/63) > >>

bob99:
I'm using the latest Version 1.0.6.110 and have a question about deleting a clip.  If I have a clip highlighted and delete using the keyboard or the context menu with the mouse it's gone.  There is no confirmation whether I would like to delete the clip.  I checked the preferences and Prompting > BeforeDeletingClips is set to True.  Also tried changing it to False just in case.  Same thing.  No confirmation.  Is there another setting I need to change or look at so I get a confirmation?

Also, is there any type of listing that tells what all of the individual preferences settings do?  I've figured out some of them or read in earlier posts what others do.  Chances are I won't use many of them, more of a learning experience for me.

Thanks,

tranglos:
I'm using the latest Version 1.0.6.110 and have a question about deleting a clip.  If I have a clip highlighted and delete using the keyboard or the context menu with the mouse it's gone.  There is no confirmation whether I would like to delete the clip.  I checked the preferences and Prompting > BeforeDeletingClips is set to True. 
-bob99 (January 28, 2012, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

By default, Echo only prompts if you are deleting 10 clips or more. You can reduce that number to 1, so that Echo will always prompt:

Preferences -> Prompting -> ClipDeleteTrigger

Also, is there any type of listing that tells what all of the individual preferences settings do?  I've figured out some of them or read in earlier posts what others do.  Chances are I won't use many of them, more of a learning experience for me.
--- End quote ---

I know, my fault. This is the one help topic that I have not completed yet.  At the moment there is no complete description. (Originally that Preferences dialog was supposed to be only temporary, so I put off documenting it until I had the final design.) For now, please ask here, I will reply to all questions.

nsathishk:
After using Echo for only a short time, I was pleasantly surprised by the better design of Echo over Ditto.
One of my favorite features in Ditto is naming clips with quick paste text and searching them using /q.  I am unsure if this feature is already available in Echo but please consider adding it.

tranglos:
One of my favorite features in Ditto is naming clips with quick paste text and searching them using /q.  I am unsure if this feature is already available in Echo but please consider adding it.
-nsathishk (January 28, 2012, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not available yet. I am considering something like it - an ability to assign names or tags to clips - but I need to find a way of implementing it without disturbing the basic design of the app. I've posted some thoughts on it earlier on in this thread, for example here and here.

It's not likely to happen very soon, but it *is* on the wish list.

bob99:
By default, Echo only prompts if you are deleting 10 clips or more. You can reduce that number to 1, so that Echo will always prompt:

Preferences -> Prompting -> ClipDeleteTrigger
-tranglos (January 28, 2012, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, that did it. Thanks. :Thmbsup: Now I don't have to worry about hitting delete by accident.

There are a couple of other things I'm wondering but will check through the previous posts and help 1st.  If I'd have looked at the help I'd have known about the trigger. :-[

By chance is there a pdf of the help?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version